The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Coyotes - Wednesday March 4th 2020 at 7:30 PST - "Please don't lose again" Edition

Rate this topic

Salter

39 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Edler on PP1 , PP2, PK1 and 20min 5 on 5 =  how many minutes?

About 3 or 4min until he gets injured too... which means Tanev must eat those additional minutes... then you know what happens with him from there.  Falling is the sky around us.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

About 3 or 4min until he gets injured too... which means Tanev must eat those additional minutes... then you know what happens with him from there.  Falling is the sky around us.

That would be "falling around us, the sky is". Yoda

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Toffoli should absolutely be with Pearson and Horvat. Right now that line is pretty ineffective 5 on 5.

Loading up one line just makes us easier to defend. Gotta spread out the scoring. Miller and Pettersson are good enough to throw any winger with. Bo and Pearson need help.

Move LE to the 50/50 tickets booth in the stands.  Addition by subtraction.

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 2

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Move LE to the 50/50 tickets booth in the stands.  Addition by subtraction.

according to many, he would try to steal another $6 million/ year there as well

Loui has not been the worst forward on the team

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, xereau said:

Worst forward in the top 6, by ages.

Tanner Glass was pretty bad but at least he didn’t cost 6 million.

FYI....ok, I was curious so I looked up the numbers (according to hockey-reference.com):

As a Canuck:

Kyle Wellwood......144 games....44 hits....37 blocked shots....Wellwood though “plays like a man possessed!”

LE.....242 games.....30 hits.....98 block shots....so at least he puts his body infront of a shot.   That’s something.

4 hours ago, rychicken said:

Deb, at the beginning of the season we (you, me, many others) were commenting on how much of a "team" this team was - infectious enthusiasm for one another after a goal, etc. They seemed very close knit...

Do you think it's still there, and being shown? It seems like it has been a little off to me lately (the last month or two?), but not sure if I am misreading it. Not saying there is a lot of dissension on the team, but they just don't seem to have the same "mojo"..... thoughts?

Good questions.

I feel that whenever teams string a few losses together it starts to wear on the room.  We're used to seeing them come off the ice after wins, music blaring, fist bumps and smiles.

I honestly feel that the mojo really escalates with success and can help propel things even further in that direction.  But that the flipside of that is that frustration creates tension and a more somber mood.

I still feel like they are close knit, but their swagger is an important part of their success because they play more relaxed.  But that seems to have diminished right now and we all know the "squeezing the stick too hard" stuff that also can snowball.

A win and it can all come flooding back.  It's such a critical time of the year that the losses really do take a toll as the standings become a focus.  It's no longer "just move on to the next one" because every two points changes the face of things.

This is why I like TG NOT pointing fingers, calling players out individually, etc.   It's a team game and they win/lose as such.  

I definitely feel like they've lost that "edge" at the moment though...they're not having fun right now and that can take a toll.

I also know that some people slam Bo, as "captain" for not doing enough to elevate things, but the dynamics on the team when veterans are called in means that they, too, will assume leadership roles.  So perhaps he's still trying to navigate all that.  JT is likely as much of a force in the room as he is on the ice.   So maybe a leadership by committee doesn't work as well when you need a voice in the room?

I'm not hitting the panic button....they're in "figure it out" mode and even IF they miss the playoffs, it's all about taking what you can out of the experience to use in the future.  I feel just gauging what it takes to get there is invaluable.  This team'll be just fine in my view.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1