The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

2 hours ago, Yung1 said:

What a 5th round pick this guy was. Screw everyone that says benning's drafting has only been good because of top 10 picks.

Not discrediting Benning, but I’m pretty sure Brackett plays a huge influence on the later picks.

10 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Not discrediting Benning, but I’m pretty sure Brackett plays a huge influence on the later picks.

I'm sure theres a bunch of people who have influence on all picks, including scouts. Benning is the leader of the group though, and has final say. His father was one of the best scouts around in his time. He surely gained a lot of insight from him and surely deserves credit.

• Upvote 2

On 12/9/2019 at 5:46 PM, Yung1 said:

I'm sure theres a bunch of people who have influence on all picks, including scouts. Benning is the leader of the group though, and has final say. His father was one of the best scouts around in his time. He surely gained a lot of insight from him and surely deserves credit.

Of course JB deserves credit, the core of our current group is all him. Just think the other JB deserves a lot of credit for some out later round picks.

8 hours ago, aGENT said:

And who do you think gave Brackett and Co their marching orders of what type of things to scout for and how to do it?

Can’t disagree with you on this one, our drafting wasn’t this good until Benning came in.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, aGENT said:

And who do you think gave Brackett and Co their marching orders of what type of things to scout for and how to do it?

i think you need to re read that memo

jb gets no credit if there is any one else that can be credited instead

no one gets blame unless blame cannot be attached to jb first

and any credit that jb can possibly be given, needs to be limited and shared whenever possible

cuz jb does nothing but bad things as gm

(i note i'm still waiting for someone to credit someone other then jb for the miller trade though)

:frantic:

Edited by coastal.view
  • Haha 1

Put him on Horvat's or Pettersson's wing already.  

EDIT:  I made this comment around the time Sutter was returning from his previous injury under the assumption they would have Sutter Center the third line again and keep Gaudette on his wing or worse sit him in the press box. If they leave Gaudette Centering the third line that is the best place for him.

Edited by Borvat
Context:
  • Like 1
  • Wat 2

9 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Im happy to see Gaud bringing some offense, but I see a lot of missed opportunities in the D zone to be a difference maker.  That part of his game will come im sure, and it needs to to be an effective third line C

For sure and if it doesn't he can always be an effective top 6 winger. 3rd line centers are a lot easier to find and acquire than a top 6 winger.

Needs to be a lot better at defense so he can be a PKer and improve his abysmal 33% on the face off dot. Reason why we have guys like Sutter/Beagle because they win draws and are good enough defensively to PK.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Want some Opinions, Guad to replace Brock on PP1.

We play about a 60-40 split on the Powerplay and Boeser doesn’t have a quick trigger shot, the puck seem to stick to his stick a lot.

So my idea is put Guad on the PP1 for the quick down low shot on the left side while putting BB6 on the second powerplay and let him rip everything he wants at the net and hope it goes in or gets a juicy rebound for the likes of JV Levio and Pearson. Thoughts?

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 2:30 PM, Dats hockey said:

We play about a 60-40 split on the Powerplay and Boeser doesn’t have a quick trigger shot, the puck seem to stick to his stick a lot.

So my idea is put Guad on the PP1 for the quick down low shot on the left side while putting BB6 on the second powerplay and let him rip everything he wants at the net and hope it goes in or gets a juicy rebound for the likes of JV Levio and Pearson. Thoughts?

It's hard to mess with one of the best PP in the league. Perhaps, if it struggles we could see that change. 

However, I do want to see Gaud 5v5 with Petey and Miller. I think his speed can really benefit that line.

Boeser on the other hand has become a bit of a passenger. I think he'll be able to drive more of the offense on a line with Horvat. This does mean more defensive responsibility though.

BB as a 25 to 30 goal scorer is a good player for our team and it means that we will be able to sign him to a more cap friendly contract.  Lucky we didn't sign him to a long term expensive deal.  He would end up being priced out of the market and end up traded.  I do like the idea of playing him with Bo.  IMO Brock is just fine.

Edited by dpn1

On 12/20/2019 at 2:30 PM, Dats hockey said:

No

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/29/2019 at 1:21 PM, shazzam said:

It's hard to mess with one of the best PP in the league. Perhaps, if it struggles we could see that change. 

However, I do want to see Gaud 5v5 with Petey and Miller. I think his speed can really benefit that line.

Boeser on the other hand has become a bit of a passenger. I think he'll be able to drive more of the offense on a line with Horvat. This does mean more defensive responsibility though.

Boeser belongs on the first line with Petey and Miller.  he is far from a passenger, if it wasn't for him passing to Petey,  he wouldn't have scored as many goals. as for Gaude on the pp1, I don't believe  he is ready for that.  him and Jake do just fine where they are.

Edited by bree2
  • Cheers 1