gaunce prust dorsett

cracknelk

edler tanev

hamhuis bartkowski

sbisa corrado

hutton weber

miller

marky

i think hansen is gonzo as is higgins youngsters will out play them at a 4th the price so long

Lol what makes you think Hansen gets cut over kenins, gaunce, virtanen and even Baertschi. He hasn't done anything to lose his position on this team. In fact he is one of our hardest working players.

That's too bad for poor Higgy.

How come no one mentions Kenin-ball? With Bo he was one of the most productive guys on the team last year, and he's got the skating, physicality and enough scoring touch to make a difference in the bottom 6. Sure, Brendan and Jake have impressed but Ronnys Hockeys shouldn't be discounted b/c he's still young.

Kenins has a 1-way contract so I'm guessing most people assume he already has a spot on the team. Plus he's playing with the Sedins so that has to mean something.

But this will be a good opportunity for Jake to get his 9 games or if Jake isn't ready then Gaunce.

If we really want to give Virtanen a legitimate shot, he will have to play on the right side. We already have Burrows, Vrbata, Hansen, and Dorsett. With Higgins injured I could see the Canucks moving Dorsett to the left side for a while. We could still give Virtanen, Gaunce, and another forward a look. Bad luck for Higgy, but good news for at least one prospect.

If Sutter is going to match lines with the opponents best, then Baertschi s not the best fit there. I could see Dorsett, Sutter, Hansen/Vrbata as a good shut-down line.

Where's Elvis at?? Told ya there's always injuries in the preseason!

I'm right here, do you need me for something?

Sure there are often injuries but you shouldn't count on them as a part of making roster decisions apart from a depth perspective. Guaranteeing someone a spot who wouldn't otherwise have one is a pretty poor method (I assume that's what you were doing)

In any case, the trade to put us at 14 forwards and 7 D (instead of 13/8) allowed more space for forwards and this injury (assuming it is longer than a few days) could leave a little more room as well.

See?:

Per Twitter

#Canucks assistant coach Glen Gulutzan at the mic. Says Higgins is feeling better, but is still being evaluated after blocking shot Monday.

Kenins has a 1-way contract so I'm guessing most people assume he already has a spot on the team. Plus he's playing with the Sedins so that has to mean something.

But this will be a good opportunity for Jake to get his 9 games or if Jake isn't ready then Gaunce.

I'm not going to pretend that I know what's going on in the room, but I wouldn't think that Ronny would stay with the Twins for any extended period of time, unless Willie plans to turn him into Burr 2.0. I'd still expect that Burr would stay with the Twins, and Verb would be on the 2nd to spread the scoring, while Ronny, being a left wing, may not be the most natural fit with them, at least to start. I would agree with the 1-way contract comment that he'd stick with the team, except that when everyone's healthy I think most people have him as the 13th guy or even the A.H.L. if he's exempt from waivers.

The wings on the big club are pretty filled at the moment with Danny, Verb, Burr, Sven, Higgins, Hansen, Prust and Dorsett (and I'm only counting the NHL players so far) and maybe this would be Ronny's shot to oust a vet and reclaim his spot while fending off the other youngsters. Nothing against Higgins and Hansen, but if they can be moved for assets so that spots open up for Ronny, Jake and Brendan that might be the best thing for the team.

Lol what makes you think Hansen gets cut over kenins, gaunce, virtanen and even Baertschi. He hasn't done anything to lose his position on this team. In fact he is one of our hardest working players.

. thing about having a team of vets they get comfy just because hansen out works alot of players doesnt mean he will win out over youth baertchi has more upside when virtanen and gaunce dont have stone hands they seem to get better scoring opportunititys plus they make less in cap space id rather free up 1.6 mill and play a youngster than have all these vets do the saje thung we do every yr which is mediorcrity

. thing about having a team of vets they get comfy just because hansen out works alot of players doesnt mean he will win out over youth baertchi has more upside when virtanen and gaunce dont have stone hands they seem to get better scoring opportunititys plus they make less in cap space id rather free up 1.6 mill and play a youngster than have all these vets do the saje thung we do every yr which is mediorcrity

I find it odd that you put the period at the beginning of your post and not the end.

About time we give guys who work hard a chance on this team. Brendan Gaunce has been working his tail off, and been one of the better forwards every game he's played from camp till last night.

He needs to be given a chance.

Gaunce looked pretty damn good last night too. He is one of our most underrated and forgotten-about prospects I would say. He's a big kid, has a nice shot, and his skating is not as bad as people make it out to be. He will fit nicely into a third/fourth line role this season or next.

Archived