The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Freidman "I wouldn't be surprised if The Canucks threw some serious money at Stamkos"

1 hour ago, Erik Karlsson said:

He's on the decline, I definitely wouldn't want him for how much money he's going to ask for.

He also needs a good playmaker on his line. He's not an Ovechkin, Kane or a Malkin who can create their own offense.

His numbers will likely go down as well playing in the West as he is a pretty soft player, so anything over 8.5 no thanks.

Lol, on the decline? He's 25 yrs old and is on pace for another 35+ goals.

That being said, there's no way he choose Vancouver over Toronto, even if we throw the max terms and dollars at him.

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You make so many blunders its not even funny. All you ever do is loom for arguments. Its pretty widely known Tbay is my 2nd team but thanks for coming out.

And yes elite Centre..

Tampa is your 2nd team, but you didn't know they signed Cooper to an extension just last month and you don't know Stamkos doesn't play C. 

And he's Elites C meaning you know more than Cooper who just won 50 games as a coach, and took his team to the Stanley Cup Final with Stamkos playing RW. Great. Carry on.

And you also know more than Steve Y who was an all time Elite C in the NHL. 

i think the canucks really have to assess how they want to construct this team in the future before going after stamkos

he is not the biggest need on this team at present, defence is, we have no depth and need to address that with a free agent signing

the canucks historically have avoided the elite salary signing approach, even the sedins were never paid top dollar, despite the elite talent they brought over the years

the canucks either stay the course, and sign players below the most elite level salary, and seek out "value signings"

or they change their course and go the chicago route, and sign a handful of core players, who consume most of the available cap, and surround that core with cheap replaceable average at best players

the chicago approach may actually be the way to go, but that would be a change of mindset for the canuck team, based on what they have done in the past (try to sign high skill players for home town discount, and keep a lid on the top end salaries)

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Tampa is your 2nd team, but you didn't know they signed Cooper to an extension just last month and you don't know Stamkos doesn't play C. 

And he's Elites C meaning you know more than Cooper who just won 50 games as a coach, and took his team to the Stanley Cup Final with Stamkos playing RW. Great. Carry on.

How is this season going? Typical cdcer live in the past. Arguably the best player in franchise history is likely leaving because of the coach. And when did I say I didn't know about Cooper?

Go start you. Never ending arguments with someone else. It's what you're good at.

But you're right maybe I should have said early next season.

If Stamkos is willing to come here, you got to make a serious offer to get a player of his caliber. One of the best goal scorers in the game, and just entering his prime. 

With Stamkos on the team, it gives us a lot of options. Put him on the top line with the Sedins, or move the twins to the 2nd line with Stamkos as our 1C.

An elite center that fills the seats, and we have the capspace to sign him. We'd be crazy not to try.

Every team willingness pitch an offer, he is not coming here, Vancouver one of the most hated teams in the NHL, very hard to sign big names here, he had lots of better options,, California seems to be the place to be for big names as most of the Have good proven talent he can play with and the weather is always good like Tampa, the other ones is Toronto if he is home sick and New York because every wants to play there

vancouver could pitch the biggest offer but he will settle for less else where. He is not coming here so every calm there pants 

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

If you can find one post where I trash JB, I'd be surprised. I've supported pretty much every decision he's made. If you're stalking me, you're doing a really bad job.

I never said you trash him but you daily make proposals on our team so you must be smarter right?

Btw I never trashed Stevie Y...

I just can not see Toronto being a more of an attractive a market, than Vancouver.  

Vancouver is re-tooling wisely.. Toronto is in total rebuild.  

Even though the Washington Capitals re-tooled around Ovie... the chemistry was there.  There is no chemistry in Toronto,. Zilch.  Vancouver on the other hand could potentially be the "Underdogs" of the 2016 playoffs because of chemistry.

personally I would rather see us try to ensure a high draft pick,. But we have assets that might move us upward for that.

if Stamkos is watching how any other teams are playing in the NHL,. For his personal reasons,. I'm sure the Canucks raise an eyebrow.

7 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Every team willingness pitch an offer, he is not coming here, Vancouver one of the most hated teams in the NHL, very hard to sign big names here, he had lots of better options,, California seems to be the place to be for big names as most of the Have good proven talent he can play with and the weather is always good like Tampa, the other ones is Toronto if he is home sick and New York because every wants to play there

vancouver could pitch the biggest offer but he will settle for less else where. He is not coming here so every calm there pants 

That's your opinion. And not a particularly good one. This isn't the same team or management as the past. Vrbata WANTED to come here specifically to play with the Sedin's. Lucic has gone on record saying he wants to come here. Benning and Linden are guys people want to play for. Don't think Stamkos would have an interest playing with one of the best playmakers in NHL history? Not saying he's gonna end up here but you saying Vancouver is a hated city and no one wants to come here isn't just inaccurate, it's purely your own opinion.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I just can not see Toronto being a more of an attractive a market, than Vancouver.  

Vancouver is re-tooling wisely.. Toronto is in total rebuild.  

Even though the Washington Capitals re-tooled around Ovie... the chemistry was there.  There is no chemistry in Toronto,. Zilch.  Vancouver on the other hand could potentially be the "Underdogs" of the 2016 playoffs because of chemistry.

personally I would rather see us try to ensure a high draft pick,. But we have assets that might move us upward for that.

if Stamkos is watching how any other teams are playing in the NHL,. For his personal reasons,. I'm sure the Canucks raise an eyebrow.

He is from Southern Ontario and Babs in now coaching that ream and endorsements would make him millions.

20 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

And you also know more than Steve Y who was an all time Elite C in the NHL. 

2 things come to mind knowing that.  especially with a "they chose cooper over stammer" comment lingering

1. We signed Torts to like a 6 year deal, he was gone 82 games later
  2. Let us know how secure Coopers job is AFTER Tampa loses both Stamkos and Drouin in one season.

As an add on, let us know how secure Stevie Y's job is after losing possibly Stamkos and Drouin and missing the playoffs in one season 

Not ripping on you man, but coaches are hired to be fired and any ownership group that allowed a GM to lose one of the most dynamic centers in the game age 25 and one of the highest touted prospects in the NHL in the same season while keeping the coach that caused some of the issues, not 2 seasons after losing St Louis in the same manner...well...ya

2 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I don't think I have ever made a single trade proposal on this forum. Can you please stop throwing mud to see what sticks? 

I must have you mistaken but your name looks very familiar. No mud throwing I don't support your opinion much like the majority of posters in this thread.

Archived