The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

2 hours ago, Pettersson the goat said:

Yeah then pretty sure Kevin didn’t do anything and the kid had to fight him anyways

Bieska and Westgarth are close friends, hence Bieska stepped in between Laine and Westgarth, they wouldn't fight each other. But Laine didn't want to miss his chnace

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/21/2020 at 4:24 PM, kenhodgejr said:

36 points in 36 games so far in Utica.... 

I always thought he had decent skill in the NHL. Why not try him with Bo and Pearson for a bit. It could add some new energy to the team. 

Pearson and Baer are both left wingers.

25 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I wonder if at 1.8 mil (50% salary retained by the Canucks) if he can be moved at the draft? he sure seems like he should have something left for some team out there. 

Yeah, he's a good stop gap for a rebuilding team, like he was here. I keep looking at NJ, almost $9 mil in cap space, + another $8m in retained salary off the books this year. Package Baer + ?, maybe get our 1st rounder back, lol.

20 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Yeah, he's a good stop gap for a rebuilding team, like he was here. I keep looking at NJ, almost $9 mil in cap space, + another $8m in retained salary off the books this year. Package Baer + ?, maybe get our 1st rounder back, lol.

Trade him to Ottawa... they could use some skill and they have a plethora of picks to possibly trade.

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I wonder if at 1.8 mil (50% salary retained by the Canucks) if he can be moved at the draft? he sure seems like he should have something left for some team out there. 

Columbus called on him. I can see the Canucks circling back on a deal with them. Not sure 50% retained but probably 25% retained. We probably part with a prospect as a sweetner but seems doable. Baer will be on an expiring deal by then and CBJ has a tough time attracting free agents. A year of being healthy in the AHL could help his value.

Just now, Quantum said:

Columbus called on him. I can see the Canucks circling back on a deal with them. Not sure 50% retained but probably 25% retained. We probably part with a prospect as a sweetner but seems doable. Baer will be on an expiring deal by then and CBJ has a tough time attracting free agents. A year of being healthy in the AHL could help his value.

yup that seems possible. I'd really like to see him get another shot in the NHL.

• Cheers 1

Baertschi is an NHLer... but just like Ferland, he's just 1 hit away from never playing again.  

Aside from the obvious human aspect in terms of his standard of living, his cap hit will be an anchor that greatly affects the off-season when teams can't exceed their total cap space by X amount (10%?)

Chances are if the Canucks are in the post-season and maybe win a round or two... he'll probably get a recall for depth as injuries will mount.  Who knows... strong showing during his next NHL stint may be what he needs to rejuvenate his career.