The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

21 minutes ago, zimmy said:

Seems discussion of his progress has been on the down low recently. I remain supportive, but as my primary matrix of judgement comes from game summaries and the occasional update in the local media, it's becoming increasingly difficult to remain glass half full.

That was the most level headed, reasonable, intelligent response I've ever recieved on CDC.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Wondering if it's something like this:

to NJ: Stecher, Eriksson and Juolevi

to VAN: Severson

I think NJ has quite a bit of space. Mind you, it's all just guessing.

Nucker, that's looking like a #5-6rdman, a huge cap dump and a broken prospect for a young, nasty, large framed rdman that can put up 30-40pts a season.

Not gonna happen.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Wondering if it's something like this:

to NJ: Stecher, Eriksson and Juolevi

to VAN: Severson

I think NJ has quite a bit of space. Mind you, it's all just guessing.

I would be very in favour of this deal, I would add Lockwood as well or Rafferty.

Rafferty is like a free first round pick. But ai bet he will be more like Marc Andre gargnani 

Edited by Canucks Curse

On 2/21/2020 at 9:38 AM, Goal:thecup said:

This is another area (imo) that JB excells in, i.e. making decisions on prospects that are not going to make it to the big club, or who garner more in trade than they will produce in the NHL, and adjusting the balance between the demands of the NHL team and the needs of the development processes.

I love this aspect of Benning's management; just look at all the good trades he has already made moving lesser lights out.

I hope you are right because a legit top 4 D (preferably right side) would complete the rebuild for this year and set us up for playoff successes.

You are right, he is very accurate in his judgment of prospect's trajectory and he uses it effectively in making trades.

I still remember trading Forsling for Clendening and how JB confidently said he can see what type of player Forsling would become: in Clendening we are essentially getting fast forwarded version of Forsling or something along that line. Well, that was the most accurate assessment of the two players. 

I'd hate to lose OJ because I think he still has quite a bit of potential but if JB trades him to get a two way top 4D (not rental) and dump Eriksson's contract, then that would be an acceptable trade. 

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Tryamkin-New guy acquired in OJ trade

This is going to be a great D core.

11 hours ago, internationalhippy said:

I think Seattle takes Myers or virtanen 

I hope they take Myers. He isn't horrible... in fact, he is quite decent. But also quite inconsistent and imo not worth 6 million a year. 

Virtanen, on the other hand, is still progressing, brings some scoring, lots of speed, and at a far lower cost.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/23/2020 at 12:28 AM, internationalhippy said:

I think Seattle takes Myers or virtanen 

I prefer they take Myers than Virtanen. I think management has been way too patient with Virtanen to expose him. They'll protect him, and expose Myers. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1