The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tryamkin denies request for conditioning stint (Utica)

VIC_CITY

23 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Exactly. He's a good prospect but coming to camp in bad shape doesn't show much motivation to make the team. If you want a spot, be a man and earn it!

You could also be talking about Jake.  

Wouldn't even be surprised if the guy accepts being based ONLY in a Cdn city.

Relations between Russia & the US aren't too sweet, these days. Seems to be deteriorating worse than Trump/Hillarity-exchanges. A young pro has the right to choose where they want to be based(if that was the pre-arrangement).

19 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I don't buy that. I saw him skate in the pre-season and it was as good as last year. The request for Utica could be for game experience, not physical fitness, thats just and assumption. 

No it's not an assumption and he was not in good shape last year. 

So if you think he was just as good as last year then that should tell you he's not in good shape right there. It's been spoken about in the media and by the fans. It's a well known fact Tryamkin was not in good shape last year. 

Just yesterday media was talking about how Doug Lidster was skating Tryamkin so hard in practice. Saying they are working really hard on him to get in shape. 

A conditioning stint is something even 10 year NHL vets go thru. As I pointed out earlier Sami Salo and Keith Ballard are two players Canucks sent down for conditioning stints after they hadn't played for a while. 

Bo Horvat did it too. It's for less than 14 days. You get same salary as in NHL. You play 20 mins per game. There is no negative in doing it. Only positives for the player and the team.

Heck even the LA Kings assigned Jonathan Quick to a conditioning assignment before canceling it because of a snow storm and bringing him back a couple of years ago.

BTW game experience and conditioning are very similar. You can't just be a 22 year old rookie with only a handful of games under you belt,  not play for weeks and just step into an NHL game. (Unless you are top tier talent or elite) It's all part of the package. I don't see the difference. The point is to get him game ready. 

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

No it's not an assumption and he was not in good shape last year. 

So if you think he was just as good as last year then that should tell you he's not in good shape right there. It's been spoken about in the media and by the fans. It's a well known fact Tryamkin was not in good shape last year. 

Just yesterday media was talking about how Doug Lidster was skating Tryamkin so hard in practice. Saying they are working really hard on him to get in shape. 

A conditioning stint is something even 10 year NHL vets go thru. As I pointed out earlier Sami Salo and Keith Ballard are two players Canucks sent down for conditioning stints after they hadn't played for a while. 

Bo Horvat did it too. It's for less than 14 days. You get same salary as in NHL. You play 20 mins per game. There is no negative in doing it. Only positives for the player and the team.

Lets say you're 100% with that assessment. I still think we play him as a duo with Sbisa, even 1/3 games. I also heard reports - and JB not the radio - saying he is in better shape now. 

Like I said, there's always another Sbisa to be had, he'll never be a regular top 4, but Tryamkin has too high of a ceiling to f-up now imo, particularly over a conditioning spat. Just play him. 

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Lets say you're 100% with that assessment. I still think we play him as a duo with Sbisa, even 1/3 games. I also heard reports - and JB not the radio - saying he is in better shape now. 

Like I said, there's always another Sbisa to be had, he'll never be a regular top 4, but Tryamkin has too high of a ceiling to f-up now imo, particularly over a conditioning spat. Just play him. 

Ya CAN'T teach 6'7'', 250 lbs!

34 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I wonder why it was made public? It didn't have to be. Did the info come from the Canucks or Tryamkin's agent?

28 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

That's because Tryamkin is not in shape. He can't play a full shift.  Hence the request by the club to go to Utica for 14 days or less to get in shape. Numerous posters have pointed that out over the past 2 weeks on these boards, I can't understand why that is so hard to comprehend for some members of this board. 

The guy is not in NHL shape, simple. 

As for Burr, I'm not surprised. He had a terrible game last night. Needs a night off. 

The Canucks have never said Tryamkin is out of shape.. Nor have THEY said they asked him to go to Utica.

Some one please show me where the Canucks have said or asked this.

All I have seen are assuming posts, guided by ass wipe journalism assuming this.

Hey Brian,

You remember that Umberger kid?

Yeah, we need some truculence - you mind giving this Russian kid a ride to the airport?

He came in fat and kinda sucked, but he's still demanding to play in the show....

We'd love to keep him around, but there's 3 or 4 ahead on the depth chart right now...

6 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I don't know if mgmt will reward him right away denying a conditioning assessment. 

Like I said earlier this is a very good player if developed properly. It's not time to get emotional and send him back to Russia. JB and TL have to manage it properly and not lose this player. If he's sent back we'll never see him in a Canuck jersey again. 

Keep working with him until he's in shape. If he refuses the conditioning assignment so be it. Keep helping him get in better shape and get him game ready. Sooner or later there will be an injury and he'll get games. 

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The Canucks have never said Tryamkin is out of shape.. Nor have THEY said they asked him to go to Utica.

Some one please show me where the Canucks have said or asked this.

All I have seen are assuming posts, guided by ass wipe journalism assuming this.

I don't expect the Canucks to make that announcement. That wouldn't be a very smart move. You lose the player right away by throwing him under the bus like that. 

Only way to find out is by watching him play, which was in pre season in this case and thru the media. 

Isnt the whole point really that this kid plays....if he goes back to Russia he is still Canuck property. So let him go back this year. We still need to get Biega his 19 games and Id like to see Stetcher get a few games this year too. Really what does it matter if he plays this year or next. Sbisa might get claimed by Vegas and we'll probably trade Biega because some team will need a guy to expose....so next year if he comes to camp in shape and earns a spot we should have room in the 6th spot.

Got to love these defensive depth problems....when a guy we'd like to see cant crack the line up.

There's nothing to see here.

Tryamkin is a heck of an asset.  He'll get his chance.  It's not like he's a kid who has only played in junior.  He has 4 years in the KHL playing with men and he feels like he's paid his dues.

In the meantime, Lidster is going to make sure he stays fit.

24 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

if he doesnt want to go to utica and isnt ready to slot into our club,

send him to Russia for a conditioning stint... ::D

rocky-iv-07_510.jpg

will just blend it in over here like this ,and magic theres a tree in shape over there............

bob_0.png

1 minute ago, b3. said:

Not surprised considering what he was apparently promised. I'm sure Sbisa will start dishing out pizzas soon again.

Delivered a very nice pizza yesterday from behind his own net right to 5 feet in front of the crease. 

Even for him that was crazy. Couldn't believe my eyes. 

Archived