The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Monday Oct 31st Practice Update

Ossi Vaananen

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I think we have a good idea what we have in Tryamkin - it's simply a matter of expecting certain standards of professionalism from him - ie. the elementary stuff like being in condition, a prerequisite to being a pro.  I don't doubt that he'll be able to cut it in due course.

I suppose the expansion draft will preclude moving Sbisa (unless they somehow got Biega enough games) - will force the team to run with a good measure of depth and competition to get those third pairing minutes - not such a bad thing considering how frequent injuries to the blueline have been, how heavy our division is, and how gruelling the schedule this team has to endure is.

Well it shows the difference between the KHL and NHL doesn't it? It sounds like he's been working his butt off (I guess literally :P) so lets see him. If we have a 250 lb mobile D man with Stecher.... holy cow. 

I like talking about lineups/teams with good ol' guys(blue collar blokes/gals) in donut shops. People used to do that kiddies.

The way some people post to others here, I think they'd get their apple fritter shoved up their *ss, if they tried that shyte in person.

Getting tired of some 'experts' who are so f*ckin rude, because they know a bit about a sport.

You must know who you are..is there a mirror in your shack?!

It's nice to see Try back in practice pairings again which is a good sign that he could be playing some big games for us during the road trip. We easily need 4 or 5 wins out of the 6 games to get back to how we were doing early in the season. Regarding Sbisa, kinda sad to not see him be part of the defence pairings but it wouldn't be bad either to be giving him some rest. This team will flourish with Try in the lineup and Stecher. I have a good feeling it will happen

18 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Well it shows the difference between the KHL and NHL doesn't it? It sounds like he's been working his butt off (I guess literally :P) so lets see him. If we have a 250 lb mobile D man with Stecher.... holy cow. 

I like the mix alot.

I think it provides a lot of options depending on the opponent.

Stecher can play with Edler, Sbisa, possibly Tryamkin.

Sbisa can play with Larsen, Stecher, and if they opt to have a heavy shutdown third pairing, I think Sbisa Tryamkin could be a nasty pair to play against.

Biega is also serviceable and Pedan may get there if he continues to evolve his lateral movement.

No doubt we'll get a chance to see more variations as the season progresses, but Stecher's emergence has really afforded them some luxuries imo, and his waiver ineligibility doesn't hurt either.

Things are lining up very nicely for next year (and then there's Juolevi on the way).

24 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

There is nothing to miss offensively at this point.

I think the first 6 games he was very noticeable offensively all over the ice... making smart pinches, getting pucks through to the net... keeping plays alive. The last 3 not so much.

2 hours ago, yogolol said:

Really don't want to see stecher lose his spot, hes been our best defenceman since he joined the team

He is a young guy in his first pro season playing 22mins a night - I have no problem giving him a night off to recharge his batteries. I hope he is getting rested, for his sake.

Of course thats not how the whiners will see it on here.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

So if the average fan can see that Sbisa and Tryamkin is not a good pairing, why can't Willie?

Neither of these guys are strong enough at moving the puck so they're likely to get pinned in their own end if there's a good forecheck.

Sbisa-Stecher, Tryamkin-Larsen, Tryamkin-Stecher should really be the only choices. 

You are seriously comparing the knowledge and experience of an NHL coach with the average fan? 

Has Willie even picked his lines yet or is this more vacuous venting?

24 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

You can't sit Sbisa. He's going to be auditioning in Montreal for a trade, since they are now looking for a D-man.

That would be interesting... I wonder if Bergevin is willing to speak to Benning :lol: Might cost him a pick + $50,000 to get Sbisa. 

Archived