The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Call it speculation, but I'm willing to bet that one of the "unwritten terms" of his contract is that he starts with the parent club regardless.

Never mind unwritten. Pettersson has a European assignment clause (same as Tryamkin had) so if the Canucks want to send him to Utica, they need Pettersson’s permission and he can opt to go back to the SHL if they try to demote him.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Never mind unwritten. Pettersson has a European assignment clause (same as Tryamkin had) so if the Canucks want to send him to Utica, they need Pettersson’s permission and he can opt to go back to the SHL if they try to demote him.

Well, there you go. Basically guarantees that he plays on the parent club this year.

17 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Well, there you go. Basically guarantees that he plays on the parent club this year.

But probably doesn't guarantee he doesn't get the Stecher treatment and a few games in Utica.  Although I think that is more likely Gaudette this year.  

I like the fact that we have Manny taking on a bigger role now. Him and Elias seem to have a good rapport based on what I saw at last years development camp.

If there's anyone who can teach him how to be a responsible two-way center that can win draws, it's him. There was a time he was arguably the best shutdown center in the league.

Having Pettersson become a center would go a long ways in this teams rebuild. He has the highest potential at becoming a number 1 center IMO. That would save us from trying to find one in a later draft, which is very hard to do. Unless of course we get gifted Jack Hughes, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1

On 2018-07-15 at 2:24 AM, babalu said:

Yeah, hoping the Canucks can unload some of the mediocre vets and acquire at least one top six skilled player.

I'm interested to see what Sutter can do in an offensive role while sheltering some of the young skilled guys defensively. 

I actually see a line of Petterson Sutter Eriksson clicking quite well. 

Two solid 2 way players with Petterson could not only be reliable defensively (hence more minutes for Petterson) but I can see him and. Louie creating offense and Sutter shooting. 

If that is the line, I see Sutter with 25 goals this season. He has a good shot 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I like the fact that we have Manny taking on a bigger role now. Him and Elias seem to have a good rapport based on what I saw at last years development camp.

If there's anyone who can teach him how to be a responsible two-way center that can win draws, it's him. There was a time he was arguably the best shutdown center in the league.

Having Pettersson become a center would go a long ways in this teams rebuild. He has the highest potential at becoming a number 1 center IMO. That would save us from trying to find one in a later draft, which is very hard to do. Unless of course we get gifted Jack Hughes, but I'm not holding my breath.

Just imagine Jack Centering EP40 omg for all that are familiar with how jack plays

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xyeKg63qcww

his skating is out of this world

his playmaking AMAZING and his IQ is just wow

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dats hockey said:

Just imagine Jack Centering EP40 omg for all that are familiar with how jack plays

He'd definitely make the Canucks a perennial contender for many years to come.  What a team we would have!

Any particular reason the Hughes brothers like #43 on their jerseys?

5b4d141bcbfa1_Image-1(1).jpg.4a7afe1556ce5e5d04b2d8c607109008.jpg

So apparently Elias Pettersson is so good that he is breaking NHL Rank King's site.

For comparison, McDavid was a 92 and Eichel an 86 and next highest currently on the list is Alex Heponiemi at 87.

Edited by Rindiculous
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

5b4d141bcbfa1_Image-1(1).jpg.4a7afe1556ce5e5d04b2d8c607109008.jpg

So apparently Elias Pettersson is so good that he is breaking NHL Rank King's site.

For comparison, McDavid was a 92 and Eichel an 86 and next highest currently on the list is Alex Heponiemi at 87.

Is the number 99 Prophetic? :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

I am in some ways preparing myself to be disappointed that JH won't be coming to Vancouver. We will draft top ten again. But we won't get Hughes. We won't be bad enough in the standings and we've never won the lottery under the current system or even under the old draft system we still couldn't get first overall. So I'm not expecting for us to draft him. I wouldn't mind being wrong of course. But a part of it is maybe accepting the fact that it's Canucks curse. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I am in some ways preparing myself to be disappointed that JH won't be coming to Vancouver. We will draft top ten again. But we won't get Hughes. We won't be bad enough in the standings and we've never won the lottery under the current system or even under the old draft system we still couldn't get first overall. So I'm not expecting for us to draft him. I wouldn't mind being wrong of course. But a part of it is maybe accepting the fact that it's Canucks curse. 

We won’t draft him, but he will play here :P

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

rtvkc8bdwda11.jpg

I just posted this to start some more 'how much does he weigh" arguments.  Source: Reddit.

He looks to me like he's maturing :D    Watch him turn into a 230lb'er  LOL

Edited by redhdlois
  • Upvote 2