The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G

Canucksin2013

54 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Defintely, a lot of player agents are jumping for joy knowing Benning will be back. I wouldn't be suprised if Jim's number is on speed dial because you know that idiot will overpay.

Agent: My client (4th liner)  wants 5 million  X 5 years

Jim Benning: Thats a bit too much, we are up against the cap, we can maybe do 4.9 million per...

Agent: Done!

I will give him more credit ... let's make it 4.5 Million :P

But really if anything this seasons really showed how much past action can affect the franchise. Let's just hope he learns from this moving forward because the franchise cannot endure another near implosion like this season

Edited by iinatcc
  • RoughGame 1

9 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Yes.  I guess we'll have to start calling him Mike now..........or Michael!

I stopped being called mikey when I was 5 but people still bust it out from time to time. by all reports he actually prefers it though. 

On 6/1/2021 at 9:02 PM, bruceybruce said:

Even though he’s  a little undersized compared to today’s goalies he has the reflexes of Felix the cat, the balance and toughness of Eddie the eagle with the mental calmness of Curtis Joseph. 
The next great Canadian goalie. Bringin it back. Go Canucks 

Are you his agent ?!  All kidding, aside that first game vs the Sharks, seems to had been a good experience for him cause it atleast, gave him an idea of what he will face in the NHL and what he needs to work on to get there.

I like Dipietro, very good young goalie prospect 21 yrs old..Now that #1 Demko is signed for next 5 year. DIpietro could be a good asset to trade if there is a partner with a good prospect similar age? I think Dipietro will be NHL ready in next  very soon, see maybe 10 games next season..

Now with farm team in Abbotsford he will get lots of coaching..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 3:40 AM, filthycanuck said:

Defintely, a lot of player agents are jumping for joy knowing Benning will be back. I wouldn't be suprised if Jim's number is on speed dial because you know that idiot will overpay.

Agent: My client (4th liner)  wants 5 million  X 5 years

Jim Benning: Thats a bit too much, we are up against the cap, we can maybe do 4.9 million per...

Agent: Done!

On 5/25/2021 at 4:35 AM, iinatcc said:

I will give him more credit ... let's make it 4.5 Million :P

But really if anything this seasons really showed how much past action can affect the franchise. Let's just hope he learns from this moving forward because the franchise cannot endure another near implosion like this season

Well these two posts didn't really age well ;) 

On 8/9/2021 at 8:35 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

Well these two posts didn't really age well ;) 

I think we are still in the wait and see approach. As of now Benning did a lot this offseason but the question whether the moves were good remains to be seen. 

While most of the comments in this board have been relatively positive, the folks outside the Vancouver media has been more mixed. Sports in the analysts like Steve Dangle is not as enthusiastic 

3 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I think we are still in the wait and see approach. As of now Benning did a lot this offseason but the question whether the moves were good remains to be seen. 

While most of the comments in this board have been relatively positive, the folks outside the Vancouver media has been more mixed. Sports in the analysts like Steve Dangle is not as enthusiastic 

Esteemed sports journalist and hockey critic Steve Dangle, of course. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2