The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Apr. 04, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Who the **** cares?

I'll care when there is something on the line. 

Next season.

Tonight that bull**** reffing helped us.

Truth.

You can go and join the other miserable f-s on Hf tank thread, there’s a reason most of them were banned from this forum and it has nothing to do with being pro tank, I know I banned a couple of them myself.

They didnt play well after the first, so the outcome wasn't much of a surprise.

The first Preds goal was BS, unless the rule changed.  The whistle clearly went before the puck crossed the line.  That should have ended in a lucky break for the Canucks, but for some reason they got screwed.

Aside from being screwed on the first one, I had no issue with the 2nd.  There was no way Marky would get in position to make a save, even without the collision. He was already sliding away from the play... just a tough break.

There were some questionable non-calls both ways, so I didn't get too angry about them.

Was just hoping to see some OT magic.  Too bad for the fluky late goal.

1 hour ago, BlueDragon23 said:

I’m Not religious, but bless that boy’s heart. He cares so much about the team, and this is a mean nothing game. 

Head up Stech. You are our hometown hero.

Right there with you.  Kid cares about everything in his life.  Great ambasssor for the sport and role model.

41 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

You can go and join the other miserable f-s on Hf tank thread, there’s a reason most of them were banned from this forum and it has nothing to do with being pro tank, I know I banned a couple of them myself.

Go ahead and ban me then tough guy

If you know anything about my posts I'm always positive about this team. Which is why I'm looking ahead to the draft.

Who the **** are you anyway to tell other fans what they should do?   If you dont miss playoff hockey I feel sorry for you.  Fastest way to the playoffs is rounding the core out through the draft.

Marky with another solid performance night. Made timely saves when he needed to. Preds just got lucky with the bounces they got. Hughes continues his hot start to his NHL career recording a couple apples. Pearson is starting to be a integral part of our 1st line continuing his hot streak of his own. Hope the boys finish strong as this has been an entertaining year

Rafferty looking overwhelmed at times, wth is Erickson doing on the 1st line when Lievo plays with way more jump and tenacity, Schaller? just why? He's playing for a contract and desperate. Bulldog for whatever reason gets sat on his birthday, Green seems to go out of his way to insult the fans by icing the least competitive players. Biega would have been killer on the 4th line. 

Missed this game(some morning lessons), but in truth, just fine with the outcome. Read yesterday that the #9 slot(I believe) is the most likely to remain..that is, not slide back more with the lotto.

So I guess either we luck-out with an unlikely top-3, but SHOULD remain top-10. I trust JB & the boys to unearth more gems from where we're sitting. Not half bad for a young team that's already shown significant progress.

28 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Missed this game(some morning lessons), but in truth, just fine with the outcome. Read yesterday that the #9 slot(I believe) is the most likely to remain..that is, not slide back more with the lotto.

So I guess either we luck-out with an unlikely top-3, but SHOULD remain top-10. I trust JB & the boys to unearth more gems from where we're sitting. Not half bad for a young team that's already shown significant progress.

i don't trust benning with his drafting.. yes he got Boeser and Pettersson.. Hughes was gifted to us as he's also the BPA it's not like he went off the board and got hughes.. bennings 5 draft he produced impact player wise.. Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes.. and beyond the 1st round.. in 5 years worth of drafting he produced Demko and Gaudette.. you guys can gush all you want about the canucks prospect pool.. but in reality now that Hughes have graduated... the talent level is really lacking.. and i'm willing to go out on a limb and say 95% of those players will materialize to nothing more than a bottom 2 or 4th link checkers. re rank the teams prospect pool Vancouver easily falls out of the top 10 with EP and Hughes graduating

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

i don't trust benning with his drafting.. yes he got Boeser and Pettersson.. Hughes was gifted to us as he's also the BPA it's not like he went off the board and got hughes.. bennings 5 draft he produced impact player wise.. Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes.. and beyond the 1st round.. in 5 years worth of drafting he produced Demko and Gaudette.. you guys can gush all you want about the canucks prospect pool.. but in reality now that Hughes have graduated... the talent level is really lacking.. and i'm willing to go out on a limb and say 95% of those players will materialize to nothing more than a bottom 2 or 4th link checkers. re rank the teams prospect pool Vancouver easily falls out of the top 10 with EP and Hughes graduating

so your knock on benning's drafting is that because the canucks 3 best prospects are all nhl ready, the remaining list looks underwhelming compared to other teams whose best prospects AREN'T nhl ready?

seems logical. 

Woke up this morning still hating on our trashy amateur power play you know the one where we can’t enter the zone and when we do we easily give the puck away and that’s only after watching the stupid drop pass the coaching staff have now corrupted Hughes into employing.

ugh.

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

If you remove Kucherov, Stamkos and Hedman, the Lightning would SUCK! Probably wouldn't even make the playoffs, what a failure that organization is. 

Your logic is flawed. 

5 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

I just hope management sees how goaltending has hidden a lot of our flaws on d.

Nope they're obviously completely blind to it and haven't made comments about addressing the D this summer and have zero plans to do anything of the sort.

4 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Hughes wasn’t necessarily the BPA according to some lists, so no that doesn’t s$&t.  And we all know EP was closer to 10 than five on most lists too so what the heck does this even mean?  The support players are still in the pool mostly with the exception of possibly OJ, Madden and Woo I will give you that, this years first yet to be determined.  

Will it be enough?  Who knows but it’s a little early yet to be doing this.  Geeze I mean two of his first rounders joined this year and look to be the real deal,  that’s what matters more than anything.  You’ve just listed 3/4ers of a core with Horvat added BTW.!    CHI had Keith, Toews, Kane, Crawford and Seabrook.

We have EP, Boeser, Horvat, Hughes and Demko.  If OJ works out he could be Seabrook.  And then add Madden, Woo, Gaudette, JV, oh why am I even bothering.

Archived