The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Botchford Passes Away

Rate this topic

Provost

This sucks. Guy was a solid reporter. Most people found him negative and didn’t agree with him most the time but I for one enjoyed his angle on things and will miss his reporting. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I was driving in my car when I heard the news and my jaw practically hit the steering wheel. I couldn't believe my ears.

I always enjoyed Botch, whether it was his articles, TV appearances, but mostly the Power Hour or other appearances on 1040.

I find this news incredibly sad, not just on an entertainment level, but more so on a human level. To pass away so suddenly, so unexpectedly, and at such a relatively young age with a wife and young family left behind; it's tragic. I know many folks on this forum weren't crazy about Jason Botchford, but I was a big fan of his.

Rest in peace, Jason. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Totally agree.  I’m just reading, and hearing this on 650, right now.  I’m kind of a bit shaky actually.  I never knew the person, but (because of sports) feel as if I do.  He was only 48, and leaves his wife and children without a husband and father.  

This is incredibly sad.

Well said Alf.  1 Year older than me.  I feel terrible for his family.  

• Like 1

Super sad news.  I always enjoyed reading his articles, and listening to him on 1040.  Whether I agreed with his takes or not was irrelevant.  He was entertaining.  His banter with Ray Ferraro was so fun to listen to. 

He would often take a lot of heat on these boards, but most of the greats do.  

RIP Jason Botchford. 

• Like 2

In shock, I am saddened by the news if his passing. You just never know when your time is up. As a father of young children this hits home. I actually enjoyed the content he provided and will miss his perspective going forward. 

• Like 1

Even if we at cdc don't always agree with him, this is a loss for the sports community in BC. 

You never know when it is time.  Everyday is gift.  

Edited by Jaimito
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1