The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

4 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Is his height that important that we cant wait 2 months to actually get an official report? And we wonder why media is so negative towards this team and fanbase. 

We do it to ourselves 

Lighten up - it's a long running joke that's been going on now forever it seems.  No-one is serious..... Podz is what size he is, nothing we say here can make him any taller or heavier (or shorter or lighter)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Googlie said:

Lighten up - it's a long running joke that's been going on now forever it seems.  No-one is serious..... Podz is what size he is, nothing we say here can make him any taller or heavier (or shorter or lighter)

I actually heard he actually loses a centimeter and a pound every time his physical dimensions are brought into question on CDC.

Matt Sekeres said that one of his sources close to Podkolzin can confirm that he's gone vegan now and has slimed down to 167 lbs.  The height remains unchanged for now. 

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

:lol: 

As a rule wing span = height

Only roughly on average, or when you’re looking at Da Vinci’s Vitruvian Man.

But when it comes to athletes, you’ll often find wingspans greater than their heights, especially for the average and below average height players.

For example, Mikey DiPietro is only 72 inches tall, but IIRC he has a 77.5 inch wingspan.

Russian Hockey Federation has officially announced main roster for the world championship with 26 players, Podkolzin is not listed there. But he is part of the additional group of 5 players (goalie, defenceman and three forwards) who will be practicing with the national team in Riga waiting for call up. Each team may carry 28 players so two players from this additional group are going to join the main roster later.

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2021 at 2:34 PM, Kootenay Gold said:

Nailed it!!

That probably won’t be true either (that we will get an accurate measurement) and after watching Hoglander, I’m not that sure if I care. If he has some measure of the will and try of Hogs along with top 10 in draft skill, everyone will be happy tIl we don’t have Virtanen to kick around.

13 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

That probably won’t be true either (that we will get an accurate measurement) and after watching Hoglander, I’m not that sure if I care. If he has some measure of the will and try of Hogs along with top 10 in draft skill, everyone will be happy tIl we don’t have Virtanen to kick around.

I personally don't care how tall he is or what his wingspan is either. Just the fact that he is like a Pitt Bull out on the ice and has very good skills to go with that in your face game; is enough for me... I'm sold on him.

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I personally don't care how tall he is or what his wingspan is either. Just the fact that he is like a Pitt Bull out on the ice and has very good skills to go with that in your face game; is enough for me... I'm sold on him.

It's strange how things have worked out for Hogelander, JB did ran out of time to sign Toffoli ( doubt it was planned ) which opened up a slot and he grabbed it with both hands. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

It's strange how things have worked out for Hogelander, JB did ran out of time to sign Toffoli ( doubt it was planned ) which opened up a slot and he grabbed it with both hands. 

I know you didnt mean it this way but I'm so &^@#ing sick of hearing about toffoli. 

You guys all have pictures of your ex in your wallet too?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

You guys all have pictures of your ex in your wallet too?

Absolutely!! And when I am in my cups I pull out the foto and whine to my buddies that if she hadn't left me, right now I would be freezing my butt off in a croft on some Scottish island moaning about the unreliability of dial-up internet connections.  It's not always greener on the other side!!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bell said:

when can vcr sign podz?  asking for a friend cause i eat paint. ty

After the WC has concluded, he will be free of any obligation to the russian hockey federation, then we can sign him to his ELC for next season.