The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Imagine of the Leafs signed Myers?! It would be topic number one for sure. Man I hope we win a cup before them. 

Still lots of time, but Dubas isn't showing that he's learned anything or understands how to construct a complete team.  Again -- they could well be dancing on the edges of the lottery, and again why I'm really envying Carolina with that pick more and more.

6 minutes ago, Western Red said:

I was predicting 6 x 5.8

This is even better imo, terms/bonuses considered.\

Welcome to Vancouver Myers.

0 PPG last year, have to think he'll get more offensive looks and hopefully be in the 40-50 pts range, depending on deployment.

This.   He’s done it before and then his career was sidelined with injuries and ends up on the deepest RHD in the league...scored 8 points is 16 games two playoffs ago and four of those were goals.   He scores goals.  That’s not something we’ve had for a long long time on the blue line...even if it’s 10 on he low side it could lead the team.  How many did Edler get on the PP again last year?   For now at least he’s got to best shot on our defense by default.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

lol Ferraro, "who's gonna score the goalzzz?!?"

God.  They just added 9 goals in Myers and likely another 20 in Miller.  Toss in whatever Quinn adds plus healthy / improved Brock/Bo/Pettersson and a full season of Pearson and hopefully Baertschi.  

But yeah, who’s gonna score?!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I can’t wait for this moron to be asking stupid questions at the press conference ..

Woh true idiots @ TSN. a bottom pairing defenceman? WTF? True Canuck haters

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

gross over payment?  It's a $1m/year raise........that's peanuts in the UFA market.

I don’t mind the signing but this is not a good argument. 

If Eriksson got 6.5 million in the market today does that means it’s not an overpayment as well?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Still lots of time, but Dubas isn't showing that he's learned anything or understands how to construct a complete team.  Again -- they could well be dancing on the edges of the lottery, and again why I'm really envying Carolina with that pick more and more.

True on that pick. So the Leafs habe lost Hainsy, Gardiner and Zaitsez. Replacement so far are hacks and Ceci? Lol. 

21 hours ago, coryberg said:

But everyone said that dim jim was going to give him 7x8 with a full NMC. This has to be fake news!

You need to check HFBoards as in their pitiful world, this is still a bad contract. :emot-parrot:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

The funny thing is that since the Canucks entered the NHL, they have appeared at the Big Dance almost every 10 years.

I can’t recall the Leafs appearance,.  67 ?

Not to mention that the last time the Leafs won the Cup, the league only had six teams. It’s baffling to think about it. There were only two rounds of playoffs.

3 minutes ago, PuckFather said:

You need to check HFBoards as in their pitiful world, this is still a bad contract. :emot-parrot:

Love the fact he can be exposed in the next expansion draft

Think we overpaid for a pretty meh......  5-6 D man though.  I guess that is the market though.

Sign of the times, that JB is desperate to sign a few mediocre D men to save his own butt and get his GM contract extended.

All in all, Myers may help  our club for 1-2 years as depth D . but the contract may be a bit smelly the last few years though......  

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 4

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The funny thing is that since the Canucks entered the NHL, they have appeared at the Big Dance almost every 10 years.

I can’t recall the Leafs appearance,.  67 ?

Yep

6 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Woh true idiots @ TSN. a bottom pairing defenceman? WTF? True Canuck haters

.. and they give Pattersen a Canucks Press Pass..

i swear there are better posters here that could ask intelligent , positive questions with that pass.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, PuckFather said:

well it's not a great contract

but it is not awful

maybe those critics/posters

could propose a better option the canucks could have taken

i really do not see an obvious one

he was arguably the best dman available as a ufa on july 1

he better fills an opening on the nucks then gardiner could have

you cannot buy caviar

if the store only has tins of tuna available

12 minutes ago, rekker said:

Imagine of the Leafs signed Myers?! It would be topic number one for sure. Man I hope we win a cup before them. 

Then you know what to do; start the Vancouver Sports Channel; VSN.

GO.

• Cheers 1