Boeser

Miller

Ferland

Pearson

Virtanen

Sutter (If healthy)

Baertschi

Leivo

That's 10 guys that I would say all have a legit chance to score 15-30 goals if they stay healthy. That's a great sign for our offense and a big change from last season if it pans out.

4 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I do.   The Canuck management does.   Most professional sports franchises do.    Some don't.   Their choice.   I choose to be a fan of a team that builds itself around quality individuals and that is what I see Jim Benning and company doing.   You clearly don't give a sh*t and that is more than fine.   

Follow whatever "dirtbags" you want to.    In my world, just because something isn't "illegal" doesn't make it the right thing to do.   I understand others live by a different code - count them as your type.

5ADAB989-C7A3-4AC7-9251-7EBBCBB1273F.gif

Edited by riffraff
  • Cheers 4

5 hours ago, stawns said:

That's true of every player in the league.  That said, as much as he's one of my favourite Canucks, I don't see a spot for him, unless they can unload LE.......which I don't see happening.  If they could magically move LE, this is a beauty of a fwd lineup

Ferland Petey Boes

Pearson Bo Miller

Baer Sutter Virt

Roussel Beagle Leivo 

Motte

Every line can score with skill, every line can at least handle themselves defensively and every line has some pushback........the bottom 9 look absolutely nasty to play against.  To me, that might be one of the most balanced lineups in the league.  Maybe not the best, but there are no weak links there.  TG can roll those 4 lines every night.

Baer is probably gone, redundant, and not really suited a 3rd-4th line roll and probably become a trade for a 2-3 round pick.. however our roster has to be scaled back and we might have some holes to fill bottom six soon that we may not like but cap is cap right? I wish that tv contract was done to see if it ups the cap much (yes it's just a maybe) until it happens but here's hoping it does..

Edited by iceman64

42 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Sutter doesn't need a a playmaker as he is where pucks go to die.....

Sutter played his best offensive hockey as a Canuck on a line with the twins, great playmakers. So if you're trying to squeeze more offense out of him, that's just plain wrong

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I was one of those guys who hated Ferland in '15 because he was single handedly embarrassing us.

BUT.  I respected him and liked his style.   

2 guys I could never get behind if they ever  became Canucks are Lucic and Marchand.  The hate is real with those 2.

I feel the same, the guy has been 'living in our heads for 3 years he may as well come live on our city too lol.

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Canucks may have found their bumper player in the 1-3-1 set up in Ferland.  That is huge.  Will keep defenders honest on the powerplay and will indirectly give Pettersson and Boeser more room on the half wall. 

Very shrewd pick up by Jim.

That's hockey baby!

11 hours ago, Borvat said:

I am listening to the endless whining on 650 about too many players and the resulting issues and that Benning doesn't understand what he has done to himself.  Pathetic.  

650 a bunch of whiners. Same with 1040. But negativity seems to sell right? We have one of the worse sports talk personalities on the planet. Really is unfortunate that we aren’t given more quality in that regard. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Petey alone is worth the price of admission.

The grit and character we added is the gravy on top.

I like being the underdog with something to prove though. Let the media rip on us. 

Meanwhile we get to watch Petey and Co rip a few pucks past opposing goalies. 

3 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I think I get your meaning. This being said, there have been a lot of Canucks teams with a whole lot more jam this team, and they could even throw in some marmalade as well.  :P

regards,  G.

I would disagree, the combination of speed and size is unlike anything I have seen as a fan. Sure we've had some big players, Momesso, Hunter, Antoski, Gino, etc. but Never have we had big guys who can hit and score and skate like this imho

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

He will not require protection from everything i have seen.

Could be. What I'm going by is that at the time of the draft (June 2021), a player with a NMC has to be protected. Ferland's NMC expires in July 2021 when a M-NTC becomes active. 

I suppose it's not too important a point, as Ferland will likely be one of the guys on the Canucks' protected list (based on the current roster).

regards,  G.

27 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Baer is probably gone, redundant, and not really suited a 3rd-4th line roll and probably become a trade for a 2-3 round pick.. however our roster has to be scaled back and we might have some holes to fill bottom six soon that we may not like but cap is cap right? I wish that tv contract was done to see if it ups the cap much (yes it's just a maybe) until it happens but here's hoping it does..

Though I do think Baer has a decent enough two way game to play with Sutter, I think the advantage is that it adds a legitimate scoring presence to the third line.  They'd likely get very favourable matchups and could really be the offensive depth they've been looking for.

However, that would likely mean that they would have to find a taker for LE, so it's not very probable.

12 hours ago, theo5789 said:

If those past contracts keep Gardiner out of here, then thank goodness. I'd argue without those contracts, guys like Ferland might want to take on more to eat up the wiggle room we would have. Beagle is excellent, Sutter if healthy is fine and Schaller could easily be waived, so no problems here. Eriksson is overpaid, but you don't plan for a free agency 3 years down the road because who knows who would actually be available then and be willing to sign here.

You should be planning for down the road, or atleast be conscious of it.

Getting Ferland came down to the extra year, not the amount of space. Even if we had more Id hope we wouldnt just give it away, the deal he got with the 4 years is perfectly fine. Its a good signing.

Sutter staying healthy is an 'if' at this point. And Id argue we are paying him to contribute more offensively than he has aswell.

Jay Beagle is a fine player, I like him in his role, but we did pay a premium to get him.