The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Blues @ Canucks Nov 5 2019 7pm SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

I’m going to the game tomorrow not even knowing it was 70s night. I gotta dust up the fro and grow the mo (not a Chiapet doe) and I’ll be ready to go! I wouldn’t mind Quinn to take this one off and make sure he’s 100%. The champs are a big heavy team, we want to make sure Quinn’s wheels are tuned up rather than gets dinged up and back in the garage.  

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Upvote 2

that Blues lineup without Tarasenko looks average to me and we've beaten them before on their home ice with Tarasenko.

I think with the Canucks will come out flying and blow the Blues out early. This could potentially be for 1st place in the West as well! :frantic:

Yeah, them 70's. Yesterday discovered many old 'Tramp tunes, back up on youtube(prob taken down soon)

Crime, Rudy, Asylum..some Crisis? What Crisis? gems(Another Man's Woman, was stuck in the head all day)

almost all Breakfast hits

Even In the Quietest moments, Fool's Overture...

Hadn't heard some of these in so long. Was feeling that nostalgia already...

5 hours ago, xereau said:

Happy Birthday Howie! I met Howie in '74 at the WHA vs Red Army series. Hotel Russia, in the lobby, Howie held court for all us Canadians. It was us versus them and Howie didn't pull any punches. The Russians had bugged Gordie Howe's room, don't you know. It was pretty wild and the best damn time I ever had around hockey!

Geeez wilikers! I forgot the plaid jacket, stoogie and running shoes. The guy was a fashion giant in his day.

Edited by Boudrias
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Motte and Ferland on IR, this is a big chance for the Utica guys to make an impression and hopefully stick. We've had the perfect balance so far hope it continues.

2-1 Canucks 

Utica guys as in Eriksson and Gaudette?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

Also the team colours from that era:

New teams wanted to stand out on "new" Colour TV!

So they chose complimentary colours*, like orange and blue for the Coil and the islanders, green and red for the Devils, etc.

The Edmonton Jive Turkeys in orange and blue!

Canucks were (rightly) above such nonsense.

*image.png.b98cb7aa8632a7981b406468b51b6075.png

Don't forget LA's purple and yellow. I actually don't mind those colour combinations.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I’d be surprised if he was out there skating already if it was the 2 week type of injury. But I guess we’ll see.

Yeah plus being cautious for a concussion is different than being cautious over a reported bruise. I don't mind Quinn sitting out one more game (give Fantenberg a chance for goodness sake), but he's probably back in the next game for sure.

No need to rush Hughes. Let him to get 100% recovery.

The depth is good enough, both F & D.

I would like to have Demko start in the net this game.

Predict 4-2 Canucks Win, and climb to the top ranking of the division.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

• Upvote 2

Kneeling in respect of your contributions xereau...it's not game day.

Sore back, fall yard work, snow creeping down from the mountains

finds me scratchy to post.

Our fandom challenges our restraint.

Eager for tomorrows GDT wakeup.

GCG 

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

The early seventies were much better; i.e. Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, Zappa, Jethro Tull, Beatles (at their peak, imo), Stones, the Tubes, Cheech and Chong, the Who and the Guess Who, Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, Creedence, Dylan, the Doors, Led Zepplin, Joplin, Hendrix, Cream, Traffic, the Kinks, the Hollies, I could go on.  Most of these I saw at The Gardens, the Colosseum, and/or UBC War Memorial Gym; (saw George Harrison, but not the Beatles, with Ravi Shankar).

[There is no comparison to that crap they call rap with its moronic couplets, two-bit 'gangsters', and juvenile prurience.]

Oh yeah, no argument there. For me it was early youth(too young to see these greats) but through elder siblings appreciated what it meant, back then. From the later 70's was when I started buying my own records.

It's that amazing effect, where many songs/bands take your memory back(perfectly) to when you first heard it. Who you were with, & what you were up to...

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Oh yeah, no argument there. For me it was early youth(too young to see these greats) but through elder siblings appreciated what it meant, back then. From the later 70's was when I started buying my own records.

It's that amazing effect, where many songs/bands take your memory back(perfectly) to when you first heard it. Who you were with, & what you were up to...

Well, those details remain confidential.

• Upvote 1