Canucks Community

Fire Green!

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Fire Green 

hire Gallant, because we missed out on DeBoer

20 minutes ago, afan said:

Time for a change. Green cannot only preach dump in and go for a change in the 3rd period to protect a lead. 4 goal leads against Washington and Pittsburg we’re not enough and he did the same against Columbus. Sutter was so afraid to shoot in an odd men rush with only the goalie to beat in a 2 goal lead and his back passed created a turnover instead. Absolutely sick to watch. Fire Green and get Gallant.

You guys are assuming Gallant wants to coach here AND that there isn't shady stuff behind the scenes with Gallant given his mysterious dismissals from Florida and Vegas.

Hypothetical situation: We fire Green. This permits us to talk to coaches to replace him. In the mean time btw it is going to be Baumgartner or Newell Brown as our interim head coach as we push for playoffs. We approach Gallant but he isn't interested in coaching in Canada... Now what? Babcock? Unlikely given his contract nevermind his history of player treatment with the Marner fiasco.

If we make the playoffs that is our goal for the season achieved and Green wont be going anywhere. If we miss playoffs I think it is likely he goes in the summer. Firing him now doesn't make sense for the organization.

• Cheers 1

I would keep Green into next season. More then half the guys on the team are having career seasons. What happened Sunday isn’t on Travis Green. Green put two veteran players out on the ice that surely know better and totally let the team down. I think as we get more of our developed prospects on the team you’ll see a better caliber team that plays the way the GM and coach want. There is 3-4 guys on this team that know when there contract is up there gone..so they don’t try to adapt and you get stuff like we’re seeing the past couple weeks. 

7 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

You guys are assuming Gallant wants to coach here AND that there isn't shady stuff behind the scenes with Gallant given his mysterious dismissals from Florida and Vegas.

Hypothetical situation: We fire Green. This permits us to talk to coaches to replace him. In the mean time btw it is going to be Baumgartner or Newell Brown as our interim head coach as we push for playoffs. We approach Gallant but he isn't interested in coaching in Canada... Now what? Babcock? Unlikely given his contract nevermind his history of player treatment with the Marner fiasco.

If we make the playoffs that is our goal for the season achieved and Green wont be going anywhere. If we miss playoffs I think it is likely he goes in the summer. Firing him now doesn't make sense for the organization.

Worked very well for 

flames

blues

vegas

wild

nothing stops us from talking to aN available coach while green is in place. Can’t tamper if a guy is not employed 

Face it, green is not going to lead us to the playoffs, ever so no loss in dumping him now 

he is incompetent 

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

If we don't have a good home-stand then he should strongly be considered to be let go. Coaching change might not save the season with the injury to Markstrom but it could turn things around and it would make us better moving forward.

We have the offense already but the team needs to play better team D. Passive 5v5 defense play isn't gonna get us far. We have a decent top 4 but they and the forwards don't play great in front of our goalies with this current system.

I don't near enough to jump on the fire green train.

However, I do know defensive issues (from the defense and forwards at times) has been a plague ALL YEAR LONG.

Markstrom could cover up all the mistakes made previously.

Now that he's gone. Look what is happening. Those defensive lapses that have been happening since game 1 are very evident.

In countless games that we actually won this year, defense was still suspect. 

11 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Worked very well for 

flames

blues

vegas

wild

nothing stops us from talking to aN available coach while green is in place. Can’t tamper if a guy is not employed 

Face it, green is not going to lead us to the playoffs, ever so no loss in dumping him now 

he is incompetent 

It's common for teams to get a bump from a new coach, it happens most of the time. Do you really want to use that 'bump' this years? I don't.

It's not tampering but poor business ethics and is frowned upon. If you are Gallant or Boudreau, do you want to work for a company that is willing to go behind their current head coach's back to look for his replacement? It looks bad on the organization's reputation and deters quality hires in the future.

You speak in such absolutes. What happens if this team makes the playoffs under Green? Sure we may miss, but we may not. We don't know so stop acting like you do.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

It's common for teams to get a bump from a new coach, it happens most of the time. Do you really want to use that 'bump' this years? I don't.

It's not tampering but poor business ethics and is frowned upon. If you are Gallant or Boudreau, do you want to work for a company that is willing to go behind their current head coach's back to look for his replacement? It looks bad on the organization's reputation and deters quality hires in the future.

You speak in such absolutes. What happens if this team makes the playoffs under Green? Sure we may miss, but we may not. We don't know so stop acting like you do.

Sorry to break it to you but that is how the real world works including pro sports 

why wouldn’t I want to it? We spent a pick to get each of Toffoli and Miller 

the plan was to make the playoffs so we need to do what it takes to achieve that plan 

20 hours ago, High and Inside said:

I would keep Green into next season. More then half the guys on the team are having career seasons. What happened Sunday isn’t on Travis Green. Green put two veteran players out on the ice that surely know better and totally let the team down. I think as we get more of our developed prospects on the team you’ll see a better caliber team that plays the way the GM and coach want. There is 3-4 guys on this team that know when there contract is up there gone..so they don’t try to adapt and you get stuff like we’re seeing the past couple weeks. 

Lol theres more than enough time this season the team doesnt come prepare to start the game or collapse late in a game.. sure not everything is on coaching but theres plenty of blame on coaching.. I'm sick of greens inability to adjust during the game.. and him sitting and defending leads like we are one of the best defensive teams in the league. You cant just say oh these guys are all having career years because of green.. or maybe it's just because of their talents? Prolly would have achieve the same with any other coach with the talent level we have..

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

30 Days to go from tonight until he's gone and the canucks raise their usual springtime flag.

KANJ281N.jpg

I’ve been sporting that as my avatar for years.......same as my siggy.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1

Fire Green and Benning will just hire another Willie or a Green clone, that his type of coach, you think he would hire a coaching with a winning record? What if that guy said something like "we just aren't good enough?" or "we need more from our vets". Both are criticisms of the GM's job, Green or Willie says them and the media sits on their collective hands, now if a guy with a resume said the same thing, It is hard to fire a guy with a resume.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 11:24 PM, Grape said:

I think coaching is generally overrated in hockey. It's much more of a player's game compared to basketball and especially football. 

So that, combined with my belief that Green is doing a fine job, makes me disagree with your opinion.

How do you explain the New York Islanders then?

Worst defensive team in the league, lose their best player for nothing, then suddenly become the best defensive team in the league and a playoff threat? That's almost all coaching.

• Upvote 1