The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Golden Knights -SUN AUG 23 7:30PM PACIFIC - NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

xereau

11 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Feels a lot like 1994.

I feel that, there are a lot of similarities.  Bo Horvat Canadian Captain like Linden, and we have a star talent in Pettersson who plays a similar explosive exciting highlight reel game that Bure did.  Markstrom playing like Kirk McClean standing on his head.  The only difference this time is we have Quinn Hughes, our own equivalent to a Brian Leech.  They had Adams, Courtnal, Ronning, and Gelinas  we have Miller, Boeser, Pearson and Virtanen.  Our core is probably more deeper than that ‘94 team tho.  

4 hours ago, Googlie said:

For some reason I  can't load past page 7.  How many pages am I missing?

Ah. - just refreshed. - I was stuck on my post on page 7 for about 3 hours there

Yeah for some reason the forum was acting up for a few hours there.  I couldn’t post and everything was all white.  Weird. 

• Upvote 1

Game day. I'm pumped! what's on your playlist? Here's mine:

1. A Hard Day's Knights

2. Knight Fever

3. Help me make it through the Knights

4. Knight Flight

5. All Knight Long

6. Let's spend the Knights together

7. Tonight's the Knights

8. One More Knight

9. Knights in White Satin (shrouds)

10. Silent Knights

We catch the Knights flat-footed after a 4 day layoff. We forecheck them relentlessly. We crash the net and score. Markstrom dazzles again. We win 4-1.

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, Googlie said:

For some reason I  can't load past page 7.  How many pages am I missing?

Ah. - just refreshed. - I was stuck on my post on page 7 for about 3 hours there

for the entire day I couldn’t even log on!!

now that I can I have a really silly question; 

why is van playing  today? 
Shouldn’t they be playing on Monday?   If they went to game 7, then they wouldn’t receive an extra rest day.  But since this series went to game 6, shouldn’t they be off tomorrow? 

Edited by sassbs

19 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Gonna be a great series. I went with Canucks in 7 so thinking we'll see some adversity and battle testing of the group

We'll come out strong I'm sure though from last game it looks like some guys are just getting warmed up ala jake & motter and even petey and the powerplay getting better and better the more games we play. witnessing progress and development of the prospects is awesome entertainment win or lose! 

yelling season 2 GIF by Outlander

Our bottom six  has come alive Virtanen is out of the doghouse, and we have the goaltending. We win.

Edited by footsy

Vegas:finished first in the division,  a 23-12 playoff record in their 3 years.  Balanced scoring all over. Theodore leading the D. Pacioretty Tuch Stone and Reeves ready to make our lives miserable. Solid D with Martinez and rookie Whitecloud.  Since the expansion draft, it's like they have a first line and two strong second lines and a third line. We're in tough. We're going to all have to dial in top to bottom to beat these Knights. Marky Marky Marky. These guys shoot a lot. 

On paper we're not even supposed to be in this one.

Go Canucks Go!!! :towel:

Edited by Hairy Kneel

34 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

1. A Hard Day's Knights

2. Knight Fever

4. Knight Flight

5. All Knight Long

7. Tonight's the Knights

8. One More Knight

10. Silent Knights

We catch the Knights flat-footed after a 4 day layoff. We forecheck them relentlessly. We crash the net and score. Markstrom dazzles again. We win 4-1.

Knights in White Satin....

8 hours ago, Googlie said:

I see CBC is streaming free tomorrow. - I will have to park outside a McDonalds and hook into their wifi for the game!!!

In Sweden we have delivery into The car at our fast food restaurants atm, would be pretty cool to order another onion rings och chilicheese our to The car, have a couple beers and get The wifey to drive home.. 

• Cheers 2

43 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

1. A Hard Day's Knights

2. Knight Fever

4. Knight Flight

5. All Knight Long

7. Tonight's the Knights

8. One More Knight

10. Silent Knights

No boogie knights? 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Vegas:finished first in the division,  a 23-12 playoff record in their 3 years.  Balanced scoring all over. Theodore leading the D. Pacioretty Tuch Stone and Reeves ready to make our lives miserable. Solid D with Martinez and rookie Whitecloud.  Since the expansion draft, it's like they have a first line and two strong second lines and a third line. We're in tough. We're going to all have to dial in top to bottom to beat these Knights. Marky Marky Marky. These guys shoot a lot. 

On paper we're not even supposed to be in this one.

Go Canucks Go!!! :towel:

There’s a thing I just made up called the Binnington factor, Vegas are in trouble, their goalie(s) will suck. Vegas will be Binningtonned.

15 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Their goaltending situation right now is their weakness, IMO. 

• Vintage 2

I don't know if this is gamesmanship or the real thing, but its good. 

edit: sorry realize this has been posted already, things haven't been loading properly for me on the site so wasn't sure if this was here or not yet.

Edited by Robert Long

Marchessault said yesterday that the knights can handle the Canucks.

Horvat said the Canucks are confident.

Thats why we play the games. Let’s see who wins. Should be an interesting series.

The knights are highly favoured by everyone.

I’m glad we are the underdog again.

• Cheers 2

14 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

You have to refer to them as the Golden Knights.

Trademarked, sorry.

:bigblush:

just read up on this...Vegas did not use the name "Knights" because it was too similar to the London Knights in hockey circles...they could have used it if they wanted to. However, they would have had to use their words and discuss with London. They did not use the name because of London hockey team already had it...and they respected that because it was the same sport. Trademark had nothing to do with it...it's called respect.

• Vintage 1