The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 30, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

42 minutes ago, Apricot said:

Alright so I’m being realistic here,

I don’t see us winning 3 in a row against Vegas. This does NOT mean that I am giving up on this team because that would never ever happen, I’m just looking at the situation. Situation meaning Marky is exhausted and having to play all remaining games because they’re elimination, including a back-to-back, its going to take a toll on him and while he is a professional for sure, at one point exhaustion gets to anyone. On top of that, Vegas is a really really good team and I can’t see them losing three in a row, I can see Lehner stealing them a game since he’s had a break. Obviously I could be wrong, and I truly hope I am wrong because nothing would make me happier, but in my mind I consider this series to be over. I see us winning game 5, but losing in game 6. Again I could be wrong, but whatever happens, just know that I am incredibly proud of these boys. 

Well CDC don’t cancel me or consider me a bandwagoner because y’all know I’m not. Goodnight folks, I’ll see you all on Tuesday! 

You could be wrong 

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I would be fine with moving Roussel. I think his better days are behind him. Beagle too. We need to limit our "fine" players and add Podkolzin, etc,  in my opinion.

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Beagle and his face off skills really help the possession game, great on the PK and adds a lot in the leadership department. Roussel is a spark for the team, just getting screwed this series with utterly ridiculous misconducts. 

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

I would be fine with moving Roussel. I think his better days are behind him. Beagle too. We need to limit our "fine" players and add Podkolzin, etc,  in my opinion.

beagle wins major important faceoffs     hes going nowhere. roussel and sutter can be traded or bought out  asap  but podzolkin isnt heee til 21-22 hes under contract in russia another yr 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

The game was right there for us. It's frustrating way to lose...

Gunna look back on this season happily no matter what happens... just hate losing to this Vegas team.

Better to lose to these assholes than some other team which isn't a contender or is "less" of a contender than they are, like Dallas.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

they turned the other cheek when it came to the scrums but the 2011 team punished teams on the forecheck.

the Chicago and SJ series in particular had so many huge hits. 

we had Glass, Rome, Oreskovich, Torres, Lappy, Hansen, Bieksa and Alberts on that team and all of those guys loved to step up. 

no team pushed the 2011 Canuck team around. 

Um, Bruins? 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

then thats like saying JT Miler took 3 leaps forward in his career because of the coaching here.   Its more like he was given the opportunity to play a bigger role. 

Many of These key vegas guys that were exposed in the expansion draft were undervalued because in many some cases the GMs that exposed them were dummies.  They have looked the same under both coaches.   McPhee has done a great job picking a roster that plays a certain style and they bring out the best in each other.  If Green was coaching them they still would look good.   

For everyone blaming Green, how far can you get against a legit cup contender when half of your D core consists of Benn, Fantenburg and Stecher...as much as I love their heart and will ....its hard to stack up to the elite teams when you are running half of your d with #6 and #7 guys and your bottom 6 guys have trouble hitting the score sheet.  Our elite kids have been covering up some legit holes on this roster.

Green does the same thing though. We have guys like Mac who many don't know has amazing hands unless you watch him in the AHL, yet he never gets a scoring role. You have guys like Brogan Rafferty who are amazing puck movers and are in the upper echelon of dmen who can walk a line and make plays on the powerplay, guys like Justin Bailey are excellent forecheckers and can really add to a series like this. He's also capable of chipping in. Guys like Motte should get more ice time because they turn the tides of games. Guys like Pearson who haven't really done much when they're not contributing kill the team. Guys like Eriksson kill the team. Guys like Sutter kill the team. We need to keep a competitive culture and just because half the team makes bank doesn't mean they should be in the lineup. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, singing chef said:

I believe the turning point in this game was, 3rd. period, Canucks ahead 3-2, Virtanen set up 10' directly in front, misses the net, Vegas goes down the ice and scores.  That just sucked the life out of the Canucks, instead of 4-2 it's 3-3.  However, to be realistic, Vegas is the better team, is winning the majority of the puck battles and deserves to be ahead. 

The EP shot into Fleury’s glove was big