The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Nate Schmidt to Canucks for 2022 3rd-round pick

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

It’s crazy. I get everyone was getting restless. I remained patient believing something would happen but all that aside there’s always a few where no matter what happens they try to put a spin on it to make Benning out as some sort of idiot. What a shame 

Exactly! It is a shame! It's about the end game and that's looking pretty good.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

If he can get back to form yeah. Marky is a helluva goalie and was our MVP. That's a big loss but we understandably had to move on. Demko's potential is too great.

Some familiarity with Schmidt will go a long way. Ian Clarke will do his thing and we have a great mentor for Demko. Win on all fronts imo. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

I just listened to Sekeres & Price for a bit and about 10 minutes before the trade went down, they went on and on about "If Benning pulls of the Nate Schmidt deal, we will build him a statue!"  ....  

Then the news comes in and all they can say is "good deal...  Vegas must've been desperate"  ...  and go on talking about Whitecaps. 

They both like to stir the pot for the sheep that can be easily swayed on twitter. No offense to those type of Canuck fans... maybe a little.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I just listened to Sekeres & Price for a bit and about 10 minutes before the trade went down, they went on and on about "If Benning pulls of the Nate Schmidt deal, we will build him a statue!"  ....  

Then the news comes in and all they can say is "good deal...  Vegas must've been desperate"  ...  and go on talking about Whitecaps. 

Don't listen to sekeras, has zero knowledge and only repeats what others have said with his twist on things.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Interesting, the team that beat us get better and heavier while we help them do it by taking the crumbs of their table. 

Pietrangelo is much bigger than Schmidt and produce up to 20 points more.

This is more of a desperate move by Benning in my view. He had to do something... I had waited til we could get one of the best. 

I hope Schmidt prove me wrong though. 

"one of the best" for a third round pick?

Excellent. Cannot wait to hear what you might think is a better move by ANY NHL GM.

Desperate move indeed.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Darius said:

cant believe some of the posters in here.  Vegas is a cup contender, this is one of their top pair d men.  Apparently hes the guy that ate the most minutes against the other teams best players.....yet its a bad trade for a third rounder 2 years from now, and its  bad value contract.   What does a d man like this deserver in their minds for it to be good value? 2.5 million?  and maybe it should a been a 7th rounder....some of these guys make me scratch my head.  Not even the HFBoards crowd is pooing on this deal and they hate benning.

It's because they listen too much to 1040...  

They always look for a spin so that they can criticize Benning and/or Green for something.  So these people mindlessly listen to them and then come and parrot all their takes on the forums. 

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

While Marky was good for us last year Holtby is the better goalie realistically. 

If it's a bit of a downgrade it's worth it for expansion draft reasons alone.

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

And they both have Beagle as well. I really like this, both guys coming in having history with at least two other guys makes for a fantastic transition and our room will be much better for it. Not that our guys aren't welcoming or anything, but it really does help having those ties. 

10 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I can see this being Edler’s last contract as a Canuck.

I hope not, he was still effective last season and I want to see him hit 1000 games. 

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Or he takes a discount to stay, either is realistic at this point. 

I fully expect him to, I don't see why he'd up and retire just as this team is competing again. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1