The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Meh.

He's going to have the last laugh when his cousin is sworn in as VP.....-_-

Trump-supporting QAnon conspiracists crowd Dealey Plaza hoping to see JFK  Jr. announce that he's still alive.

Can “His Orangeness” run for the Oval Office from behind bars?  Strangely enough 45% of US citizens would still vote for the large bottomed clown, even if he was in prison.  Maybe 43% after 2% die from Covid.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Can “His Orangeness” run for the Oval Office from behind bars?  Strangely enough 45% of US citizens would still vote for the large bottomed clown, even if he was in prison.  Maybe 43% after 2% die from Covid.  

Trump can be a useless POS no matter where he is....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I can remember when truckers were admired as front line hero's in all of this

What a bunch of BS

I know it's thetyee, but I've been seeing others pointing out the groups cashing in and organizing.  Let's just say legitimate isn't a word used to describe them.

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2022/01/24/Truckers-Protesting-Vaccine-Mandates/

Who’s Fuelling the Truckers Protesting Vaccine Mandates?

When the convoy left BC Sunday a fundraiser had pulled in $2 million. A key organizer is tied to the Alberta separatist scene.

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

He'll certainly find a lot of his many votes are from the dead too!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, gurn said:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/neil-young-wants-music-pulled-012827164.html

20c2c0396d6fe157010a4a647fb178cb

• Neil Young wants to pull all of his music from Spotify over COVID-19 misinformation.

• Health professionals previously called on Spotify to mitigate the spread of misinformation.

• Young and the health professionals' statements were directed at misinformation on Joe Rogan's podcast.

Musician Neil Young has demanded that his music be removed from Spotify over COVID-19 vaccine misinformation, Rolling Stone reported.

"I am doing this because Spotify is spreading fake information about vaccines – potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation being spread by them," Young said in a now-deleted memo, according to Rolling Stone.

Young referenced COVID-19 misinformation that was promoted by Joe Rogan on his "The Joe Rogan Experience" podcast.

"They can have [Joe] Rogan or Young. Not both," Young wrote.

The open letter was addressed to Young's manager, Frank Gironda, as well as Tom Corson, the co-chairman and chief operating officer of Warner Records.

Earlier this month, 270 doctors, nurses, scientists, and educators signed an open letter calling on Spotify to mitigate the spread of misinformation after an episode of Rogan's podcast.

In an episode late last month, Rogan, who signed an estimated $100 million exclusive deal with Spotify in 2020, interviewed Robert Malone, a scientist who claimed Americans were being "hypnotized" into following COVID-19 measures because of "mass formation psychosis."

Psychology experts have said there is no evidence for Malone's claims.

YouTube removed the podcast episode for violating its COVID-19 misinformation policy.

Spotify has said Rogan's podcast was the platform's most popular podcast in 2021.

"Spotify has a responsibility to mitigate the spread of misinformation on its platform, though the company presently has no misinformation policy," the health professionals letter to Spotify said.

Insider has reached out to Spotify, Warner Records, and a representative for Young for comment.

Good Canadian kid eh?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I know it's thetyee, but I've been seeing others pointing out the groups cashing in and organizing.  Let's just say legitimate isn't a word used to describe them.

When the convoy left BC Sunday a fundraiser had pulled in $2 million. A key organizer is tied to the Alberta separatist scene.

How much truth is there to this revelation? I'd love to see the looks on the faces of all the supporters when they find this out. What a sham Albertabama has become.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

One of the organizers  mentioned in this article is the Yellow Vests group.

6069D880-F214-4A0E-BCB0-7087811F0988.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

27 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

This is BlueAnon type stuff & really a diversion from the key issue. People across our country & in the US are responding to this protest; donating money, US drivers joining in, up here offering food/shelter for truckers, exc. Lots of people are tired of all of this - (not just the new Vax mandates) - hand waving them all away & labelling them as the KKK, radical separatists, racists (or whatever else) is ridiculous imo.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Here's from the star.  Behind a pay wall 

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2022/01/24/convoy-of-truck-drivers-protesting-vaccine-mandates-continue-trek-to-ottawa-as-supporters-praise-modern-day-blue-collar-soldiers.html

Truckers convoy: How a TikToker, oil advocates and a Wexit organizer helped fire up the ‘Freedom Rally’ that’s heading to Ottawa

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Yes.  However a good lot of them are not honest actors.  These people call us sheep for supporting vaccines and public health initiatives, yet themselves blindly follow obvious grifters and charlatans. 

Yup. Many people aren't honest actors that's for sure. Truckers were hero's when it was self serving to make a social media post saying that, now they are X/Y/Z.

It's the common strategy to reduce opposition (of any degree, really) to labels; sheep, racist, anti-vax, SJW, alt-right, communist, nazi, exc, exc. Its all so political/agenda driven, & tiring.

Regarding Covid I do wonder at some point if the reaction to Covid will be seen as more damaging than the virus. And even if not it seems like that analysis isn't even part of the bigger conversation. We are just stuck in this name calling tribal crap when more & more people are now prepared to just accept the risk & move back to life as we knew it.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

This is BlueAnon type stuff & really a diversion from the key issue. People across our country & in the US are responding to this protest; donating money, US drivers joining in, up here offering food/shelter for truckers, exc. Lots of people are tired of all of this - (not just the new Vax mandates) - hand waving them all away & labelling them as the KKK, radical separatists, racists (or whatever else) is ridiculous imo.

It's

Not

Going

To

Change

The US has the same mandate, so the only way across either border is to be vaxxed.  Do you see the US changing their policy?

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2