The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.10.15.20209817v1.full.pdf

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/10/fda-approves-remdesivir-for-covid-19-but-global-study-finds-it-doesnt-work/

Huge COVID study finds remdesivir doesn’t work—FDA grants approval anyway

WHO says its massive study was clearly not included in FDA review.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Haven't you heard, nuckin?

The Trump administration is doing a "great job". So great in fact, they're "turning the corner"....

Turn the corner enough times and you end up going in circles....

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Horgan just needs to get this little Election thingy....  done.

Before he announces the covid  lockdown and the cancelation of site C....  then sh....t. is gonna get real here in BC.....

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Horgan just needs to get this little Election thingy....  done.

Before he announces the covid  lockdown and the cancelation of site C....  then sh....t. is gonna get real here in BC.....

Even after the election, there most likely won’t be a shutdown. Most likely there will be restrictions put in place around crowd size, masks in public places, etc. 

Also, I wouldn’t expect a shutdown of Site C. Too much money has already been put into it. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Even after the election, there most likely won’t be a shutdown. Most likely there will be restrictions put in place around crowd size, masks in public places, etc. 

Also, I wouldn’t expect a shutdown of Site C. Too much money has already been put into it. 

Shutdown in BC is inevitable.  The tsunami of covid will hit BC like the rest of the world.

Right now BC is keeping our numbers low by not doing very much testing. Covid is here in BC like the rest of Canada...  BC simply is not testing to keep our numbers low.

This will work for a NDP re-election.

Site c has major seismic issues.  Right now the Hydro reports will not be released for a month - thus the expediated BC election before the bad news is announced.

31 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Status update:  Yes I do!    3 of them as a matter of fact (Sportchek)!

I will wear them once in house games resume....even AFTER Covid for awhile, to be sure/safe.

Awwwwwwww. I want one but I doubt I can get one in Europe.

Also, since you're a mod is it possible to change my name as I no longer live in Mex?

Edited by FaninMex
  • Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Awwwwwwww. I want one but I doubt I can get one in Europe.

Also, since you're a mod is it possible to change my name as I no longer live in Mex?

Absolutely, what do you want it changed to?  Have to go out shortly so in the event you send it and it isn't updated right away, I'll do it when I get back!

(And send your address via pm....although I've already washed my pack and wouldn't send you one of those I'll keep my eye out for more...I got the second to last pack so not sure of the status)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Europe reports another day of big COVID numbers

Sat 24 Oct 2020 19:30:32 GMT

Coronavirus daily numbers from Europe:

• France reports 45,422 cases (positivity rate 16% vs 8% a week ago)
  • UK reports 23,012 cases vs 20,530 the day prior
  • Italy reports 19,644 vs 19,143
  • Netherlands reports 8669
That's a new record for Italy/France and the others are all very close. Expect the weekly pattern to show lower numbers on Mon/Tues and then pick back up on Wednesday.

In an illustration of how fast cases are rising, here are the portion of total cases since the outbreak that were reported in the past week:
  • France 13.9%
  • UK 15.2%
  • Italy 19.1%
  • Germany 13.0%
The charts above don't yet include today's data.

Importantly, Italian citizens will be asked not to leave their towns and the government is weighing a partial lockdown. Spain will hold a special cabinet meeting on Sunday that would allow regions to implement curfews.

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

That's a new record for Italy/France and the others are all very close. Expect the weekly pattern to show lower numbers on Mon/Tues and then pick back up on Wednesday.

In an illustration of how fast cases are rising, here are the portion of total cases since the outbreak that were reported in the past week:
  • France 13.9%
  • UK 15.2%
  • Italy 19.1%
  • Germany 13.0%

Importantly, Italian citizens will be asked not to leave their towns and the government is weighing a partial lockdown. Spain will hold a special cabinet meeting on Sunday that would allow regions to implement curfews.

But... Sweden...

• Haha 1

So is the world going to hold China accountable for this virus ? My friend who is visiting his parents back home said the exotic markets are still open and thriving. I’m not surprised to hear this but it seems China doesn’t care it brought the world economy and many people to their knees.. good friends of mine just lost their business because of this pandemic.. 

• Vintage 2

7 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

• France 13.9%
  • UK 15.2%
  • Italy 19.1%
  • Germany 13.0%

Slovenia is in a week lockdown (started Sat). We were over 1600 new cases and yesterday 18 died as ICU is full.

We were having 20-40 cases for a few months then it went up to a few hundred for a bit and now it has taken off. 

The country is 22,000 km2 (takes 3 hours to drive across) and 2 million people. It is insane here. Mandatory masks the moment you step out of your house and huge fines for not wearing them.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Absolutely, what do you want it changed to?  Have to go out shortly so in the event you send it and it isn't updated right away, I'll do it when I get back!

(And send your address via pm....although I've already washed my pack and wouldn't send you one of those I'll keep my eye out for more...I got the second to last pack so not sure of the status)

Wow! Awesome! I appreciate that on both fronts. I had a terrible sleep last night so I will get back to you in a bit. Thank you very much.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Slovenia is in a week lockdown (started Sat). We were over 1600 new cases and yesterday 18 died as ICU is full.

We were having 20-40 cases for a few months then it went up to a few hundred for a bit and now it has taken off. 

The country is 22,000 km2 (takes 3 hours to drive across) and 2 million people. It is insane here. Mandatory masks the moment you step out of your house and huge fines for not wearing them.

matthew broderick jewish GIF

16 hours ago, stawns said:

matthew broderick jewish GIF

Now that the BC election is over.  Hoping Horgan and Dr. B can do the right thing......

The average daily COVID-19 case count per 100,000 people in the Fraser Health and Vancouver Coastal Health regions is higher than a limit set to allow a general return to in-class learning in Washington State.

https://theprovince.com/news/covid-19-b-c-case-count-higher-than-in-school-learning-threshold-for-washington-state/wcm/0e91f2e4-0808-4d24-8b7b-be487b01c3fa

17 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Now that the BC election is over.  Hoping Horgan and Dr. B can do the right thing......

Don't hold your breath kos, it's going to be about 2 and a half or 3 weeks until the new government is sworn in and can make official regulations & policies, and as we've seen a lot can change in that amount of time.  This could be a pivotal few weeks.