The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

7 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Yes we all have things to pay for.. if you have made in that salary ballpark for a consistent number of years I assume you have a decent savings stash and/or emergency fund that you have dipped into. Mid-March is quite some time ago.

In any case I hope the $1000 eases your financial situation a bit, as it is intended to 

edit... also that $87K limit and my comments were directed at individual people making that.. which is not your situation having a family/dependents 

Do you have some sort of numbers in front of you that show that's a large number of people to justify your stance? I suspect it would be rather a small percentage not worth your indignation.

As @Sharpshooter noted...judge not lest we be judged. I wouldn't want you to be evicted from/unable to make payments for your glass house ;) 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

but we do have effective contact tracing. 

Like i said earlier... I have a bridge for sale for you.......

The city of Toronto is rolling back its contact tracing efforts as the city grapples with a backlog of coronavirus infections. The cases are rising so rapidly that contact tracing just isn’t possible now, experts say.

Although contact tracing is effective in combatting the spread of the virus, when cases start rising, it becomes difficult to implement unless there are proper resources.

“At its core, (contact tracing) absolutely works,” said Alon Vaisman, an infectious disease and infection control physician at the University Health Network in Toronto. “But you need the resources and to do it quickly. If you can’t do it within a 24-40 hour window, it becomes almost impossible.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7388215/contact-tracing-becomes-impossible-coronavirus-surge/

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Wat 1

24 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Do you have some sort of numbers in front of you that show that's a large number of people to justify your stance? I suspect it would be rather a small percentage not worth your indignation.

As @Sharpshooter noted...judge not lest we be judged. I wouldn't want you to be evicted from/unable to make payments for your glass house ;) 

You are right it is not worth my time complaining about it,  I am sure there are many circumstances where it is appropriate, and they are getting less than $500 anyway so who cares. I posted the article since most people are probably looking forward to some christmas cash, myself included.

When it is tax dollars at work we are all entitled to judge how they are being utilized... as they say opinions are like .. everyone has one.

Thankfully I have no worries about being evicted but I appreciate the sentiment.. we are all in this together.. hopefully hockey starts back up in January and we can all rejoice in that

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Right, these are the guidelines that allow for these types of activities to continue operating, despite people who can’t have their family over. 

The guidelines make sense for organized sport.

Perhaps some people don’t understand the different reasons behind different guidelines for differing socialization at this current time. 

having family and friends over is where the bulk of transmissions are occurring, that's why they are restricted where other things aren't

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

My rec ice hockey team is backing playing games next week.  10 guys per dressing room having a few post game pops afterwards... 

Totally permitted .

Yet mom isn't welcome in my house this week even with a mask and socially distancing...

BC's covid rules make ZERO sense so people are not following them.....

• Vintage 1

Weekend numbers:

Total (3 days period) new cases 1,933

Friday-Saturday 713

Saturday-Sunday 626

Sunday-Monday 594

1,304 Fraser Health

414 VCH

48 Island

104 Interior

61 North

+ 2 from outside Canada

Active cases - 7,360

277 in hospital / 59 in ICU

10,200 people are currently in isolation

19,069 recovered

The cumulative count 27,407

17 new patient deaths...total now is 348

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Like i said earlier... I have a bridge for sale for you.......

The city of Toronto is rolling back its contact tracing efforts as the city grapples with a backlog of coronavirus infections. The cases are rising so rapidly that contact tracing just isn’t possible now, experts say.

good thing we don't live in Toronto 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Weekend numbers:

Total (3 days period) new cases 1,933

Friday-Saturday 713

Saturday-Sunday 626

Sunday-Monday 594

1,304 Fraser Health

414 VCH

48 Island

104 Interior

61 North

+ 2 from outside Canada

Active cases - 7,360

277 in hospital / 59 in ICU

19,069 recovered

by population Fraser Health should be around 750 or so in comparison to the other HA's. What's it going to take for groups out there to figure this out? 

Just now, bishopshodan said:

My cousin, wife and kid have it. They live in England.

Daughter got it at school and brought it home to her parents.

Thats not true.  According to Dr. B kids don't get covid at school.   Covid virus is killed by school bells and chalk dust apparently.... LOL

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

by population Fraser Health should be around 750 or so in comparison to the other HA's. What's it going to take for groups out there to figure this out? 

Covid is spreading like wild fire across the entire province of BC due to lack of covid protocol / restrictions by the BC government and Dr. B.

Failure to lead =. missed opportunity = a lockdown of BC. 

Did not have to happen like this.  Once we saw the NDP try to benefit politically with covid crisis... we quickly knew where this was headed.. sad. 

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Covid is spreading like wild fire across the entire province of BC due to lack of covid protocol / restrictions by the BC government and Dr. B.

Failure to lead =. missed opportunity = a lockdown of BC. 

Did not have to happen like this.  Once we saw the NDP try to benefit politically with covid crisis... we quickly knew where this was headed.. sad. 

no its due to some very selfish people.

I do agree that fines need to be far higher and would help, tho. 

• Cheers 2