The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

King - the people he was going to have diner with are in his bubble. He cancelled due to optics, not safety. 

Pretty sure in BC - that the bubble concept no longer exists.. People are now not alllowed non household members in their homes... 

Exception is for single people.

Horgan should know his provinces own rules. no ?  How does he expect others to follow rules.. .when he demonstrates that he doesn't even understand his governments.. own rules....    

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Pretty sure in BC - that the bubble concept no longer exists.. People are now not alllowed non household members in their homes... 

Exception is for single people.

Horgan should know his provinces own rules. no ?

in this case its a bit grey, if they were truly diligent and only ever saw each other its not different than one couple living upstairs, anther in the basement. 

But optically its bad because it could cause confusion for others. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

in this case its a bit grey, if they were truly diligent and only ever saw each other its not different than one couple living upstairs, anther in the basement. 

But optically its bad because it could cause confusion for others. 

I think the BC rules are not grey at all.

No non household members in your home for social reasons.  Exception only for a single person.

I don't  see any grey in it at all.  I am honestly surprised Horgan does not know BC's  regulations / rules on covid.....

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you had the option to mail it in. Unlike the Canucks (well, OK maybe Loui). 

there wasn't a "cult" she just did a good job leading the response. People notice stuff like that. 

I grew up in the Soviet Union and I am old enough to know what the "cult" means. 

People love to create heroes, it in in the human nature, unfortunately. 

She has not done anything special, anything that goverments  around the world have not done.

But only here media created all this hype. It is sad, actually. And, what I personally don't like the most- looks like she is enjoying this celebrety status, all this media attention.

Just my opinion.

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATExAGI4Ny00YzUwLWUzNTMtMDACLTAwCgBGAAAD6Q%2Bb8W9GJE6q0YVk0zkaOgcAQmi65OB5D0msiHHuM5zznQAAAgEJAAAAQmi65OB5D0msiHHuM5zznQAEKC3FcwAAAAESABAA8M%2F7Nsy47kWY9Ie1wNKoGw%3D%3D&thumbnailType=2&isc=1&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjU2MzU4ODUyMzRCOTI1MkRERTAwNTc2NkQ5RDlGMjc2NTY1RjYzRTIiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiJWaldJVWpTNUpTM2VBRmRtMmRueWRsWmZZLUkifQ.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.CyZLv0O7oMH1WnuLxQ7oekd_pVr1pfeQgP6KGsJkalVyz1utMhpZv_5BwZLCfnYwEyrSyX8Yy83Z8pnNgLrkHFlogi4YTl69B1itZpPkEv3PLwZzZ1-_pKwT2SwKwH3bjh-2Ux6671tf-42xElrStx7LeAEjnOhMf4jGPdq-f1i3Tv9k_OVBWgInZmIaYpxCVn2lq7RGAWeQt-geQplPGg2T5NTGRERVm7a42Q_EUKYZovJx1R-01gf_AWc8ieUouAB21kAF9cV0JFD8AfIf7lTgx6VCkszmYIdapJocFPRZac0AaQu8z74TU96m2yZO9pww5V_2Qfr6N4yZhubOqg&X-OWA-CANARY=CCNs5BFpAUihPg21r2cgxYCdFcB0pNgYceEu-Wsb0vPF0-xXWC0QIjRsu4kc_ME5BzBpFLRQ1Eg.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20201211022.07&animation=true

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

I grew up in the Soviet Union and I am old enough to know what the "cult" means. 

She has not done anything special, anything that goverments  around the world have not done.

But only here media created all this hype. It is sad, actually. And, what I personally don't like the most- looks like she is enjoying this celebrety status, all this media attention.

Just my opinion.

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATExAGI4Ny00YzUwLWUzNTMtMDACLTAwCgBGAAAD6Q%2Bb8W9GJE6q0YVk0zkaOgcAQmi65OB5D0msiHHuM5zznQAAAgEJAAAAQmi65OB5D0msiHHuM5zznQAEKC3FcwAAAAESABAA8M%2F7Nsy47kWY9Ie1wNKoGw%3D%3D&thumbnailType=2&isc=1&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjU2MzU4ODUyMzRCOTI1MkRERTAwNTc2NkQ5RDlGMjc2NTY1RjYzRTIiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiJWaldJVWpTNUpTM2VBRmRtMmRueWRsWmZZLUkifQ.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.CyZLv0O7oMH1WnuLxQ7oekd_pVr1pfeQgP6KGsJkalVyz1utMhpZv_5BwZLCfnYwEyrSyX8Yy83Z8pnNgLrkHFlogi4YTl69B1itZpPkEv3PLwZzZ1-_pKwT2SwKwH3bjh-2Ux6671tf-42xElrStx7LeAEjnOhMf4jGPdq-f1i3Tv9k_OVBWgInZmIaYpxCVn2lq7RGAWeQt-geQplPGg2T5NTGRERVm7a42Q_EUKYZovJx1R-01gf_AWc8ieUouAB21kAF9cV0JFD8AfIf7lTgx6VCkszmYIdapJocFPRZac0AaQu8z74TU96m2yZO9pww5V_2Qfr6N4yZhubOqg&X-OWA-CANARY=CCNs5BFpAUihPg21r2cgxYCdFcB0pNgYceEu-Wsb0vPF0-xXWC0QIjRsu4kc_ME5BzBpFLRQ1Eg.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20201211022.07&animation=true

NY Times.  This isn't "local media".

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/05/world/canada/bonnie-henry-british-columbia-coronavirus.html

There's a reason we've done fairly well in comparison to other places.  We have a long way to go, but I'm thankful she stood in there, every single day, to respond to people and give updates.  I'm sure she didn't really ask for the threats she got.  And if people want to pay tribute to her and show gratitude, that's not on her.  She was just doing her job.

• Cheers 4

52 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Just my opinion.

Oh ok...you grew up being lied to so now you no longer believe the truth. Make sense. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

King - the people he was going to have diner with are in his bubble. He cancelled due to optics, not safety. 

I have to jump in on this, because what KoS is saying and implying is correct, what Horgan was planning to do was go against what restrictions they have in place for B.C. right now. 

The only exception right now is for people living alone or if you are caring for someone, there is no other exceptions. If you "live" with 2,3,4,5,6 etc people that's your bubble that's it, you can't bring over people, the only people who can bring people over is people who live alone and that's 1-2 people max only in their bubble. 

Last weekend they did change something for Christmas for people who are living alone basically allowing them to go see family now but only if you live alone, didn't hear they were changing anything for people who don't live alone and that would mean they still can't have people over, unless it's someone who lives alone and is family. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I have to jump in on this, because what KoS is saying and implying is correct, what Horgan was planning to do was go against what restrictions they have in place for B.C. right now. 

The only exception right now is for people living alone or if you are caring for someone, there is no other exceptions. If you "live" with 2,3,4,5,6 etc people that's your bubble that's it, you can't bring over people, the only people who can bring people over is people who live alone and that's 1-2 people max only in their bubble. 

Last weekend they did change something for Christmas for people who are living alone basically allowing them to go see family now but only if you live alone, didn't hear they were changing anything for people who don't live alone and that would mean they still can't have people over, unless it's someone who lives alone and is family. 

Be careful.... many  of the people that post here do not like factual information.... LOL....     

Not sure what is worse...  a. Premier that doesn't know his governments own covid policy.... or a  PHO that doesn't support mandatory masks for 9 months and still not in highschools.......

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Wat 1