The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

28 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Thx, Is there a Moon Run lol?  I find it incredibly hard if I jog during the day but for sure I'll give it a go.

As for jacked inmates that reminds me of Blood In Blood Out and the real? shots of San Quentin.

I'm a nocturnal runner too.  I don't know why but it just feels like I'm going faster...

I've been using this time to do the Couch to 5K.  Probably didn't need to do it that way, but it gave me something to focus on and so far has worked beautifully (just 2 and a bit weeks left).

Heh, CDC grouping for the Sun Run?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

oh you have made me think of appropriate lyrics for covid/politics...

If I let you, you would make me destroy myself
In order to survive you, I must first survive myself
And I can sink no further and I cannot forgive you
There’s no choice but to confront you
To engage you
To erase you
I’ve gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain
I will use my mistakes against you
There’s no other choice
Shameless now, nameless now, nothing now, no one now
And my soul must be iron
Cause my fear is naked
I’m naked and fearless
And my fear is naked

Reading some of the nonsense here,

Leaves me dead inside

• Vintage 3

35 minutes ago, stawns said:

Can you provide the sources of that information?

Yes, I can, but how about you be a good  citizen and put in your own work to confirm or refute.  

I pasted one article and see near the end.   There are two schools of thought with this Covid -  a burn out or it changes into something into a lot less lethal over time.   The latter is probably the safer bet if you are a gambling epidemiologist.

Yes, social distancing is important but my understanding is that the virus's own characteristics play a significant part - makes sense.  And of course environmental factors as well.  More and more experts are starting to believe the weather is in play.  This article covers it.  But again I have directly read and heard experts talk about it the past few weeks.

I posted a video yesterday.  The whole thing is quite interesting, but the last half on antibodies is worth a listen.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/23/coronavirus-isnt-alive-thats-why-its-so-hard-kill/

More than 8 work days, I know that. 

We don't know how many kids are coming back, we don't know who's responsible for what, we don't know how classrooms are supposed to be set up, we don't know what kind of juggling act were supposed to do with face to face and distance learning, we don't know any details whatsoever.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, samurai said:

Yes, I can, but how about you be a good  citizen and put in your own work to confirm or refute.  

I pasted one article and see near the end.   There are two schools of thought with this Covid -  a burn out or it changes into something into a lot less lethal over time.   The latter is probably the safer bet if you are a gambling epidemiologist.

Yes, social distancing is important but my understanding is that the virus's own characteristics play a significant part - makes sense.  And of course environmental factors as well.  More and more experts are starting to believe the weather is in play.  This article covers it.  But again I have directly read and heard experts talk about it the past few weeks.

I posted a video yesterday.  The whole thing is quite interesting, but the last half on antibodies is worth a listen.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/23/coronavirus-isnt-alive-thats-why-its-so-hard-kill/

Where does it say it will likely burn out?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, samurai said:

don't be lazy

I read the entire article.  I'm not saying it won't, it happened with other corona virus', but I don't see anything in that article that says that it's even remotely likely

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I read the entire article.  I'm not saying it won't, it happened with other corona virus', but I don't see anything in that article that says that it's even remotely likely

the video i posted he takes the burn out position - not a Trumpian one but a little more nuanced.  And then there are numerous others if you search who orient towards a burn out view. 

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

Okay what about the 160 deaths?  Also way under their projected number

Are we supposed to go off the data we've been presented or not?  

Sure let's give them another 100,000 infections to work with.  They're still 690,000 off

i wasn't referencing deaths, Just your take on the infections.  Not sure where you get the 100,000 figure from since even the experts aren't even sure themselves what the actual infected rate was.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Kakanucks said:

First day back to school for students in South Korea. 

As if school didn’t suck enough...

Also I feel like some people are just making these safety measures up.

What exactly is that panel going to protect people from? Sneezing? That’s what the mask is for, and most people turn and sneeze into their arm when they sneeze anyways. Seems like it’s just for show to me.

• Upvote 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What exactly is that panel going to protect people from? Sneezing? That’s what the mask is for, and most people turn and sneeze into their arm when they sneeze anyways. Seems like it’s just for show to me.

Prevent students from shooting spitballs?  

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

You're wavering.  This ^ is quite different than:

You have yet to provide sources.   And "more than likely" go away?  That's a prediction and different than "is".  

Please stop spreading false information.

calling the kettle black

• Wat 3

29 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

When it comes to children, that's a hard "no they don't".  They sneeze and cough right at you.  Elementary aged kids do anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Meanwhile...

I am  guessing that the families of their loved ones who died appreciated  what he is saying. sorry he is the lowest of lows! I hope he gets the virus

Edited by bree2
  • Vintage 4