The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

Crap I thought I had until game time to post my season prediction for the Canucks (could care less about the rest of the league) but it is locked so I will post it here minus my comments. 
Canucks.

Jets. 
Flames. 

Oilers
Leafs.

Habs. 
Sens. 

22 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

This might mean something, if people hadn't been saying it since 2017. 

Not for me.   Virtanen was still young and growing at the time and was still seen as a guy that would play on the bottom six during those seasons.   He was also on an RFA contract.

This time around, the expectation is that Virtanen will either be a top 6 fixture OR he will be an “Alex Tuch like” consistent producer on the 3rd line.  If Virtanen can’t meet that requirement over the next two seasons, then it’s possible that his NHL career could be in jeopardy let alone being brought back by the Canucks.   He would either have to start thinking Europe or looking at 4th line opportunities elsewhere.   For a guy with JV’s pedigree, being the next Steve Bernier should not be JV’s goal.

Edited by DarkIndianRises

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Took until youtube for me to understand what a fine album "Empty Glass" is. Also love PT's work with Ronnie Lane.

Empty Glass is his quitting booze album; and you're right, it is fabulous.

Rough Boys is a good rocker about rough trade which Townshend for some reason (??) signed off the royalties to his son.

It really rocks:

"Rough boys

Runnin' the streets

Tough boys"

Etc.

I think Quadrophenia is my favorite album:

"The beach is the place where a man can feel,

He's the only soul in the world that's for real" etc.

Incredible music and lyrics and great rock opera with terrific story line.

Four personalities in the lad, and a different musical theme for each one.

I'm sure we've all had a few extra personalities trippin' 'round our brains in our teens; I know I did!

"Doctor Jimmy and Mister Jim,

When I'm pilled you don't notice him,

He only comes out when I drink my gin."

I find very easy to identify with for example.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

I was born before the team played their first NHL game...Im old already...and I know it!

I started teaching in Vancouver the year (1970) the Canucks played their first game. I vowed to keep teaching until they won the Stanley Cup.  I hope they do soon!!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, wloutet said:

I started teaching in Vancouver the year (1970) the Canucks played their first game. I vowed to keep teaching until they won the Stanley Cup.  I hope they do soon!!

That same yr, Jethro Tull even wrote a song for you...

He said my name's a teacher

That is what I call mysellllf....

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Crosby up to his usual tricks early. 

Nolan Patrick with more points than Petey so far. Time to shake things up. LOL

i don't get the love for crosby? I mean whats so special about knocking down a pass mid flight and then scoring with one hand? it was a open net!!!    :ph34r: