The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, brownky said:

He's a rookie that makes the easy play. That's so rare, so many rookies think too much.

How much time left? Not enough to make a play. Okay, eat it behind our net and draw all their guys in behind with him so nobody can score. We win if they don't score.

Simple and smooth. Guys who are simple and smooth in their play typically have long careers - Dan Hamhuis was another "Simple and Smooth" guy.

So funny u mentioned hammer , because some of Ollie's plays TOTALLY reminded me of his. Was just saying this to my friend.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

What has happened to his physical game? He use to be a big hitter. He also lacks the drive to be a Bertuzzi type player.

He's always been 1 of 2 players. A hitter or a scorer lol. Not the greatest multitasker haha

Just now, EmilyM said:

And Hoglander is exciting for all the opposite reasons. Combine that with an year older Peter, Hughes, Bo, and Brock??? Buckle in for a fun season :)

Hoglander's advantage of having effectively a half a year of pro hockey "before the season" is a massive boost to his look, no question. The thing I'm a little concerned about is exactly what makes him good - his shiftiness will have "less" of a standout when all the guys really get tuned up to speed. How he handles the extra pressure and less time will be very interesting to see.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

In regards to Virtanen. Whats happened to his physical game? Canucks could use a power forward like Josh Anderson. Virtanen looks so disinterested. Its early, but I dont know if Virtanen will ever have that drive. he needs to hit and use his body

To be fair, EPs line is playing McDavid's.  If the hit is there definitely, but I don't think he wants to get caught l.  I haven't really noticed any chances to hit anyone yet

• Cheers 1