The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Ex-Canucks | January 16 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, TVAS2, NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Zhukini said:

Just like Pearson on the second line and Beagle-Sutter being a thing?

Luongo, Spooner Buyout, Baertshi and Eriksson "bother" me far more than players who make a mil more than they probably should this year excluded but at least put effort in.

For the past two nights we watched guys who are going to expect far more do way less.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Toyotasfan said:

I really expect this defence core to be the deepest in the Canadian division. Hopefully they can get some chemistry going soon. 

ummm...........our PK is where we are having trouble not about our dcore to be honest.

4 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Pettersson’s line is pretty toothless when they don’t have Miller to win face face offs/ possession 

I recall getting a whack of confused emojis in the Miller trade thread as a response to suggesting that they acquired him to center Pettersson's line....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I mean ignoring everything else that was horrible, what else needs to be said. Yet again the special teams is the difference.

The PK loses so many 50/50 pucks. Hamonic had an easy clear, puts nothing on it, then we have a forward at the blueline with another chance. He doesn’t get it out, five seconds later it’s in the net. Dube some magical way gets left completely alone in slot...like what? When does Petey ever get left alone in the slot? Oh yeah the answer is zero times. Their second PP made our first look like a joke. There’s also this thing where just like we have for several seasons, we give their best players all the time and space in the world to do whatever they please and we hope we block the shot or the goalie makes the save. Don’t ever dare pressure them. 

What even to say about the PP. The 5-on-3????? Hello??? Why is everyone standing still like they’re frozen in ice? Move around, rotate, do SOMETHING instead of forcing passes and looking for a perfect goal. This, like the PK, dates back to last season. How is a team this talented not scoring on 5on3s? 

I’m so over seeing our PK sit back and do nothing but hope they block the shot. Not only is it completely unwise to let other teams best players do whatever they want, it puts our players at risk of injury much more than necessary. 

• Upvote 3

Tough one tonight.

But on a positive note:

Bieksa saying at intermission that he had a couple chances to go to Calgary as a player but he just could never do that to his team.  I loved that. 

If the current players can just listen to that and take it in we will be ok as this team grows up.

Just now, EdgarM said:

We were SHUTOUT!!!! How is that the fault of the bottom 2 lines.::D

Yeah I know .. I’m taking about the long  term though.  Miller will help settle down the line combos. 

The combined salary of those bottom lines ,, bang for the buck... 

Just now, fanfor42 said:

Tough one tonight.

But on a positive note:

Bieksa saying at intermission that he had a couple chances to go to Calgary as a player but he just could never do that to his team.  I loved that. 

If the current players can just listen to that and take it in we will be ok as this team grows up.

I think Edler too.....