The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Ex-Canucks | January 16 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, TVAS2, NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

We have a crazy amount of wasted cap space either off the roster currently, or in over paid players... and it's really showing.

Mix that with some of the worst assistant coaches, Who resort to the most predicable static passive play schemes possible... We get to witness the outcome.

On the bright side its been 3 out of 56 games, We will see where we are at once miller is back and about 10/15 games into the season.

Confidence if huge in hockey, Hopefully someone can give us a spark on monday and get this ball rolling in the right direction.

Our Assistant coaches are very predictable and not very creative at all when the team is pressing or being pressed. 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Why do people feed into it though by posting that stuff and making it relevant. 

Don’t get it. It’s literally something that doesn’t make sense. Would we have like to have traded a contract to keep him. I’m sure. But JB is obviously looking at a bigger picture then this year. 

I don’t think anyone is happy with Jakes game but the whole team isn’t gelling.

It will come around though. Our best players haven’t been our best players either outside game 1 but that will change too.

JB is in his 6th year, and has won one traditional playoff round.

The longest serving Canuck GM in history was only GM for 10 years.

He’s all in. If the team doesn’t take a significant step forward by the end of next season latest he’s done.

Edited by Zhukini

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

There no chemistry right now. Passes are not on the tape. Players are stretching or moving out of position to make it happen. Trying to do too much in cases. The only structure problems I see right now is the PK. Hopefully it gets sorted out 

We are very disjointed on the breakout 

players standing still to receive passes in the neutral zone  

I agree special teams are terrible 

in the o zone we are playing on the perimeter and not taking the play and puck to the net. Many times tonight we floated weak shots from the outer fringe. Those shots were easy to stop and were not going to generate rebounds and even if they did we did not drive the net to be there for them 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

I keep saying this over and over.. this is the last time.  It’s only been three games. 

I’m not concerned about the offence. It will be ok when Miller comes back.  This team had no trouble scoring last year and I expect that to continue.

My concern is the bottom two lines of the roster.  Not very good bang for the buck and this team won’t take the next step imho until it rise itself off the albatross contracts.  Money that can be used for another legit to 6 ( required to beat the better teams) and a legit to 4 dman ( required to beat the better teams) 

I feel the same excuses were a mainstay with the Sedins as well, when we lost it was everyone else's fault except there's. Need to call a spade a spade , their pro's. We shouldn't have to rely all of our offense on ONE PLAYER. 

The trouble with the bottom 6 and our cap woes are with  LE, Baertchi and Luongo and their 11 million plus cap hit. None of which are doing us any good and are of no use. 

The rest of the bottom 6 will be gone in the next 2 seasons, not a concern. 

11 minutes ago, PositionOfPower said:

Would have signed Vatanen instead to be honest

I don’t have a problem with the signing. I have a problem making him a top D on the Canucks.

Myers has proven perfect compared to this.

33 minutes ago, XxS3E3DI2N2SxX said:

I watched the game tonight, I wasn't aware we had defensmen 

Did you hear Nate Schmidt's comments after last game against EDM? That allowing 42 shots is unacceptable?  I was like, 'Welcome to Vancouver, bud'. This is the style we play. Sit back and let Markstrom steal us some games....oh wait....

• Cheers 1

Time to sit Motte.

He’s been a warrior for us but he’s cost us the last two games and has not earned a spot in the lineup.

Two penalties against in each of the last two games I believe and goals against on those calls. If he’s not available to pk for us his role is effectively reduced to nothing.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

No he's definitely not a problem. I just feel he could be much more impactful offensively. I really dislike that he's settled into the role of a shut down center when he has the potential of being so much more dynamic. It's like Jake Virtanen to me though, I've just accepted that these two players who can become great players just settle into their roles and it is what it is. 

Really? That's interesting. I kinda get what your saying but I don't think Jake & Bo are comparable in that.

I think the 2nd line Kesler/ROR/Bergeron type was always Bo's projected potential. I agree at his size he could make a bigger impact if he tried to put the foot to the floor - which he did to degree in the playoffs & other times through the years - but its hard to do it 82 games. But he's not far off - unlike Jake who just isn't what we thought he could be at all.

I do think there is another gear for Bo though. I guess thats what your saying. And I agree with that notion.

We almost need to find a Manny Malhotra type 3C. His addition was so underrated in how it helped Kesler, and underrated in how big a loss he was in the playoffs. Selke caliber matchup/defensive 3C that could free up a talented 2-way C like Kesler (And Horvat).