The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Ex-Canucks | January 16 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, TVAS2, NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, JoshuaGuy said:

There's a real chance the Canucks missed the playoffs last year without the pause. Would Green even still be here? 

No.  I dont buy the story that he hasnt been extended  because they want to see how the finances go this season. Its not like he counts against the cap.  If you have a coach you want, you sign him.   If the team falters early this year, benning may move on from.this coaching group. 

1 minute ago, EmilyM said:

Well, the two biggest pieces that got us there last year (Marky, Miller) are not here right now and that's hardly Green's fault.

My point is we didn't 'really' get there. We were on a tailspin losing streak. Didn't look good. 

I will never ever understand our PK. We are perfectly okay with giving their best players all the time and space in the world to look for an opening. If Gaudreau has the puck, we’ll let him hold on to it the entire two minutes with zero pressure.

Meanwhile on our PP there’s consistently someone all over Petey. If Petey has the puck for more than 3 seconds he immediately gets pressured and any time and space is taken away. 

We are about to have a second consecutive game where special teams is the deciding factor. 

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

Lol. Cracks me up how you guys all watch Virtanen like a hawk and jump all over every tiny thing. Hater circle jerk. Wouldn't say $&!# if Pettersson tried that pass though. 

I think some are watching EVERY MOVE HE MAKES and just can't until he makes a mistake, yet we have stars on this team who are doing diddly squat. Go figure.:lol: