The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 23, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, CITY, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, b3. said:

Yeah sure. But it’s okay to make a big save too.

I don't even know why this coaching staff relies so much on Holtby this early into the season. He was brought in to be a project for Ian Clarke and the backup vet for Demko. 

We should've be riding Demko and get him back to speed instead of this stupid rotation. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

The defense is far too passive in how they let teams into the zone. Doesn’t matter the personnel, it’s the same coverage regardless of player. It was this way last year and it’s this way again. 

Note how easy it is for Montreal to gain entry on average. 

If feds don't skate back hard, dmen can't step up and be aggressive.  The effort simply isn't there.  Their systems are no different than they were last year, the players just aren't putting in the same effort that they did last season.  Last year they outworked most teams, this year they're not outworking the zamboni driver

I love listening to all of the Canuck fans who only show up when they think the team is getting good. This year will send a ton of them back into hibernation. We are going to see a step back this year.  We are going to see a minor reset. Get some cap space back.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

in Travis Greens world its ok to be outshot almost every game. That makes perfect sense. I am mostly angry that we aren't dictating any of the play except maybe five minutes of this game.

But it’s not on the coaching staff. Remember that!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Losing Markstrom will be a blessing in the long run because the blatant holes in our team are finally getting exposed.

Getting outshot practically every game last year should have been a good indicator.

I have said this the last few seasons as it was obvious to me 

should be obvious to everyone now 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I guarantee you the players aren't executing the plan. This is all on the players, not the coach.  Their systems are no different than they were last season.  The difference is effort and execution.

Lol we had a system? Pretty sure our system was not having a system and hope the goalie bail u out like last year... look at the amount of shots and chance we give up in games last year and this year.. really no difference.. except last year we get bailed out.. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, StiffStick33 said:

Green is a great coach. I just feel like its not aligned with the way the team is built. Hard nosed, board battling, grind-you-down type of hockey...  

really wish green told jake to be more physical and crush guys.

Just now, stawns said:

If feds don't skate back hard, dmen can't step up and be aggressive.  The effort simply isn't there.  Their systems are no different than they were last year, the players just aren't putting in the same effort that they did last season.  Last year they outworked most teams, this year they're not outworking the zamboni driver

Quit referencing last season. Aside from being gifted a chance at playoffs, it wasn't good.