The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 28 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

I'd rather have false hope than a gloom and doom projection.

Could just be neutral minded like me but it really isn't an outspoken or exciting perspective. More of a go with the flow sort of ideal. Glass half-full and half-empty.

IMO we should see how we play vs better teams. It's a good sign we beat the Sens this series since it proves we're at least better than them. If we manage to have better showings vs the Habs/Leafs then we just had a confidence issue, if not then we'll have to re-evaluate.

1 minute ago, brownky said:

Hughes plays hyper offensive, so he needs a guy who will just "be steady" and can cover when an inevitable pinch goes bad. A "think no offense" stay home kinda guy. Benn seems to be very comfortable with that role, and it suits his ability and size very well as well. If the shoe fits, as they say. Tanev was obviously amazing at that role, but, times change and players move on.

Solid stay-home guys aren't as easy to find as they once were either.

He's been a better partner for Quinn than Hamonic. I'd like to see him stick even if TH healthy.

• Cheers 3

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Did Jordie just need a good rest and training in the offseason? He looks like a totally different defenceman than from last year. 

It's great to see. Maybe he just needed Huggybear as a defensive partner. 

I'd like to see a bigger sample size. The sens would make hutton look like a Norris candidate 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Did Jordie just need a good rest and training in the offseason? He looks like a totally different defenceman than from last year. 

He is playing for a contract next year.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Some guys thrive with a well defined role. Playing with Huggy is no mystery what your role as partner should be.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I lost a young friend over the holidays. Was talking to him, he's got work, friends, bright future, then he was gone. Something inside him said it was time to go.

Thanks Bell for the campaign.

I'm so sorry to hear that....it really hits hard when it's a situation like that.  I mean, for anyone but especially so when it's someone young with their whole life in front of them.  Hopefully the conversations and seeing athletes speaking out will help reduce the number of tragic, senseless deaths.  Sad that your friend didn't get to that point.  :(

• Like 3

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Could just be neutral minded like me but it really isn't an outspoken or exciting perspective. More of a go with the flow sort of ideal. Glass half-full and half-empty.

IMO we should see how we play vs better teams. It's a good sign we beat the Sens this series since it proves we're at least better than them. If we manage to have better showings vs the Habs/Leafs then we just had a confidence issue, if not then we'll have to re-evaluate.

Kind of how I look at it to be honest, although I do think the victories are worth celebrating still. Momentum's huge. Sports is a mental game and games like these help.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1