The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 1, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Tofolli is like that ex-girlfriend who lost weight and got super hot after you broke up with her

True... they guy knows where to go to score goals.

But his production is the result of other Habs' forwards playing fast forechecking hockey.

I've tried to hold off on complaining about the coaches but this game, I'm losing faith in Green.

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I don't think it's an effort problem, they're all skating hard and forechecking well but this is all on stupid plays and decision making. Whether that's the players or the system they're trying to force it's hard to tell, but I can't imagine how so many different players could have the same problem unless it's the way they're told to play. 

In no world should the last man back try and walk around a forechecker so doubt that's executing the game plan incorrectly. If it was one or two guys, I'd blame the guys, but it's everyone from Chatfield to Gaudette to even Boeser and Miller who have made these mistakes which makes me wonder if they're trying to force something as part of the game plan.

We've seen what the system is when they're executing.  Winnipeg was the players executing the system.  They are getting outworked, again, and when they get outworked they breakdown

Just now, Wayne Glensky said:

If Tanev took a 5mil x 3 years kind of deal he’d still be a Canuck. 6 years is too long for his body to hold up. 

Do we have any evidence that any contract was offered? From what I heard from Tanev himself he didn’t hear anything from our gm ... maybe I’m wrong 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bertorama said:

Reminds me of the time I  once I left my natural gas BBQ on all night like Travis green is doing to Holtby, leaving him in the net.  

next morning it was burnt to a crisp and ruined. I had to throw it out just like this game. 

In hindsight I didn't actually like that bbq and I ended up with the one I wanted a Weber that is built better and cooks better ! 

If you pull Holtby, you do it between periods. 

Holtby's one of our better players tonight, he needs to bench the first line.  Embarrassing. 

Just now, Jaimito said:

The good thing is, no one is playing well. You cannot pin this loss on any one player. All of them will have to own this. 

See what they can do to regroup in the third. And make adjustments for tomorrow. It's a three grame series. 

Green