The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN 1040 has been eliminated

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

650 is owned by Sportsnet. Sportsnet is based out of Toronto. All business decisions are made by Sportsnet.

Isn't TSN the same?

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They do not hire “Canucks personalities”. They hire radio personalities, who are often from the Toronto market. Their goal is to entertain not pump the tires of the Canucks organization. This entertainment usually involves stirring up the fan base when the team does bad.

Dhaliwal? Rintoul? Are these not Vancouver guys. I'm sure there are others but I don't keep track, don't listen to either radio station regularly.

Regardless. SNET is in bed with Gary and one of Gary's bosses is Franny.

And don't even get me started on the self-anointed "King of Vancouver Radio" on SNET.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

There is absolutely nothing involving propaganda on 650. 

Well, yeah, they're obviously not going to outright say it... :bigblush:

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

650 is owned by Sportsnet. Sportsnet is based out of Toronto. All business decisions are made by Sportsnet.

They do not hire “Canucks personalities”. They hire radio personalities, who are often from the Toronto market. Their goal is to entertain not pump the tires of the Canucks organization. This entertainment usually involves stirring up the fan base when the team does bad.

There is absolutely nothing involving propaganda on 650. 

Thank you. This whole narrative that 650 is a Canuck puppet organization is ridiculous. People like to say how the Vancouver media is the most toxic and negative in all of hockey, yet when you have a media outlet that is more glass half full then the "fans" call them shills. WTF?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I was a listener since the Beast and C-Ball morning show days and no one I know listens to them any more. The reality is that in recent year listening to the Team 1040 made you a dumber sports fan. Maybe blindly supporting policies that bankrupt your customers in the name of safety-ism wasn't the best idea.

Just now, Deets said:

Thank you. This whole narrative that 650 is a Canuck puppet organization is ridiculous. People like to say how the Vancouver media is the most toxic and negative in all of hockey, yet when you have a media outlet that is more glass half full then the "fans" call them shills. WTF?

The glass ain’t even a fifth full right now. If you’re looking at it from any other pov then you are what you are 

Another corporate middle finger to their workforce (you know, “the Bell family”), local media representation, and us little folks. I will miss hearing my friends arguing about sports, entertainment, and other nonsense. I will miss nodding in agreement and shouting at the radio, laughing at the opinion of someone’s drunken uncle. I didn’t love it all but my radio did have an off switch.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, mediahack said:

I was a listener since the Beast and C-Ball morning show days and no one I know listens to them any more. The reality is that in recent year listening to the Team 1040 made you a dumber sports fan. Maybe blindly supporting policies that bankrupt your customers in the name of safety-ism wasn't the best idea.

I would take TSN's talking heads like LeBrun over the Rogers crew every day of the week.

1 hour ago, Deets said:

Personally, I started listening to 650 because I couldn't stand Sekeres and Price. 1040 morning show is better though, especially after Ol Ricky D left 650.

I really hope sportsnet manages to bring over Halford and Brough, then put Donnie back with Rintoul. I worry about Dhaliwal though because I don't think that seperation was very cordial.

I agree about Sekeres. His horrible voice and heavy breathing makes my skin crawl.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Deets said:

Don't forget Judd Bracket.

Iinitially had him but we lost him before the end of the 2020 season. So he wasn't an off-season loss rather a last season loss. But it is a loss regardless. I prefer the people we loss than some of the people who are still here.

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

so:

Halford

Brough

McClutchey

Taylor

Moj

Henderson

Sekeres

Price

Wiggins

Daliwahl

Surman

Fai

Chantel

Abbott

and..........?

The best of them all in terms on Nuck coverage: J-Pat

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Deets said:

I wouldn't call 650 propaganda, but I would call them sycophantic. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Dhaliwal? Rintoul? Are these not Vancouver guys. I'm sure there are others but I don't keep track, don't listen to either radio station regularly.

Well then your opinion is kind of disqualified.

I do listen to them regularly and they constantly talk negatively about the organization. If Aquilini is somehow controlling the narrative of sports radio in Vancouver he’s doing a horrible job of it.

Also thats one host you named out of like a dozen. They do not hire Vancouver based radio hosts that often. They’re usually castoffs from Toronto or Calgary sports radio.