The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN 1040 has been eliminated

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Classy. The owners are probably not happy cuz TSN drove up a lot of interest in the market. The coaches are probably happy because 1040 can be very toxic for the fanbase during losing skids. Feel for those out of work but it shows no one is invincible in these tough economic times. 

I hope they land on there feet. Would love to see a few of their shows up end in podcast form. Could be a fun thing for them and provide more flexibility for the hosts.

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

But they’re not fans.

They’re radio personalities who are paid to talk about the team. 

More to talk about when there’s turmoil so it’s good for their brand. We see the same thing with Ian MacIntyre in print too.

Halford, Brough and Taylor are definitely fans of the Canucks.  They're lifelong BCers.

Did you ever listen when they were winning presidents Trophies?  All the talk was who would play on the fourth line, of course there's more to discuss when the team sucks lol.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Bring back sports page!

Sports Page was great because it was the only sports/TV medium going for a long time. Even though it was on at 11:00 pm, everyone who loved sports watched that show. 

And then Dan Russell pretty much became the radio version of it. A stand alone in the industry in Vancouver that drew good ratings. Simpler times. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Tre Mac said:

Halford, Brough and Taylor are definitely fans of the Canucks.  They're lifelong BCers.

Did you ever listen when they were winning presidents Trophies?  All the talk was who would play on the fourth line, of course there's more to discuss when the team sucks lol.

Haven’t listened to 1040 in years. Can only speak to 650.

If they have a hard time talking about good things involving the team, that’s all you need to know.

2 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Opportunity for Canucks to cherry-pick them and upgrade there hosts

donny could be a colour guy probably better then garrett

I think that'd be a Rogers decision but I would LOVE to have Donnie as our new color

1 hour ago, DarkIndianRises said:

This x 100,000,000,000%

I hope this sends JD Burke out of Vancouver Canucks hockey for good.

JD is awesome. He may be too intelligent for you. The show with him and Wadden on Saturday was a favourite for me and I am sickened by this typically “corporate” move. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Well if they are going to play music, go out in style.

Play some McLean and McLean, what's the crtc going to do to unemployed people?

why? they didn't come in or function at all with any style, bell is a rip off company and my ex and her son both worked for them and hated it.. plus their rates are the worst in the industry so knowing their taking a hit is nothing but karma... sad people lost their jobs but other than that I hope they go out of business completely.

Is Rogers worse? Maybe.. maybe not...both suck large though.. and don't even get me started on Telus! 

Edited by iceman64

3 minutes ago, drdeath said:

So Rogers will have to pick up radio rights for a football team whose title sponsor is Telus and a soccer team whose title sponsor is Bell. Wild. 

Why would they care? Those 3 companies have formed an oligarchy in Canadian Telecoms for decades now, though they technically compete with each other for customers, they have no doubt colluded to keep the Canadian consumer gouged as much as possible for as long as possible. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Outside of independent radio, most stations in Vancouver really blow. 

That's so true.   The FM and some AM dial is essentially Top 40 cr^p and old.   When you listen to Montreal & Toronto stations they have so much more selection and diversity.    Been like that for decades in Van and I've never been sure why.   Our Loss!

1 hour ago, TheCustodian said:

650 sucks simply because they employ Andrew Walker. If they were smart they'd immediately pickup some of 1040's talent for their abysmal morning show.

I agree, I've never been able to stomach 650.  They lack the talent and insight that 1040 crew had and we all know that.  Hopefully they pick-up a few of the 1040 crowd and give the boot to the bland - deadwood - corpses that currently mumble on there now.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Squamfan said:

everybody who has bell internet, tv, phone cancel it and switch

switched last yr to koodo 5 gb data unlimited evebing weekends 56 with tax compared to 110 with bell   not sure why people use bell they are garbage i hope canada lets starlink internet put these companies out if business  we should be  trying to get musk to bring tesla plants and side companies here the  oil business is gonna be gone in less than ten yrs. Adapt or die basically 

9 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Why would they care? Those 3 companies have formed an oligarchy in Canadian Telecoms for decades now, though they technically compete with each other for customers, they have no doubt colluded to keep the Canadian consumer gouged as much as possible for as long as possible. 

star link will put  all three outta business  just wait and see

• Like 1