The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Lames | February 17, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

20 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Phil Collins songs just write itself into gameday threads. 

watch these kids reaction to  listening to Phil Collins for the first time...priceless...hopefully we are entertained like this in a few hours...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Guilty pleasure in watching reaction videos. Seeing people in their 20s blown away by classic rock.

i told my buddy me and him should do the same but backwards - listening to todays hits...it could be entertaining but i doubt anyone would watch haha

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Guilty pleasure in watching reaction videos. Seeing people in their 20s blown away by classic rock.

Call me a cyni-skeptic(I've heard worse!), but I often have a hard time believing they aren't familiar with many of these old standards. Gotta be livin' with ear plugs in a cave, under a rock(& roll)...

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

Stay at home D-men are underrated in the league. Just look at these pairings:

Keith (:sick:) - Seabrooke
Karlsson - Methot
Burns - Vlasic

We have had our own variation last season with Hughes - Tanev. If Juolevi can be that defensive anchor, then he is worth that 5th overall pick.

I agree with you man. I’ve knocked Juolevi as the 5th pick but the more I watch him the more I like him. That’s exactly what this franchise needs is a solid stay at home defencemen. Losing Tanev has left a gaping hole in our back end but Juolevi is slowly filling that role. 

5 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Agree, it’s a Canucks life style “just get the PP” // “beat em on the scoreboard” 

I always hear from my old man how tough the Canucks were but I was just a kid, seems most of my life I’ve been yelling at the Tv for someone to just hit em! 

Well your avatar/namesake shows you something about the Canucks older teams - hope you got to see him play at least.   And for all the whining over Boston, Bieksa was also a throwback, and at least we had Lappy, Torres, Rome, Edler and a few other guys that could throw their weight around.   Even a  few years prior we had Brookbank, Hordichuk, Mitchell, Brown etc...you'd have to go back to when Brashear was still around to find a truly tough Canucks team though.   

We might not have  been that good at winning always, but i can say we almost always had a tough team until Brashear left.    Think the late 90's teams take the cake.