The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yeah I'd like to see MacEwen given more of a role. His skill is being undervalued

Would like to see him play more but I would hate to loose him in the ED perhaps there trying to hide him from the Kraken.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

3 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

MacEwan played a great 6 minutes tonight, better than the ice time he was given. His ice time reminds me of Goldolbin when he played here . 

And wolverine is not a good name for Hoglander. 

Goldy had every chance in the world. In fact he even got cut from a KHL team. 

Mac does deserve more Ice. OJ too. Just run it and see what happens. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I'm pretty sure you aren't serious, IF you are... Its only been jake. And hes went from top pick to bottom 6 just there kind of guy under green. The rest he has not had to develop lol

ya coach is mindblowingly bad  gaudette jake macewen juolevi  deserve much better  but lets play sutter and roussel because they are foundational  record in  last 12 suggests green has zero clue about running a nhl team 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

I hope that one the teams leaders, hopefully Bo, is destroying a garbage can, yelling, showing some emotion right now. We had this game, ffs.

More Zack please. And a quality defence coach.

Bo is probably the last guy who will do that...lol.  Maybe Miller.

4 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

So tonight's "own" goal was already practally in the net where schimdt is at a weird angle trying to fish it out, not many dman are going to have a different result i'll give you the own against calgary  that one was bad, but to be fair that $&!# happens and not the first time to the canucks almost 10 years ago the same play happened to hammuis, this $&!# happens sometimes please do some diging where he has missed assigments so bad where it causes a goal. Thanks 

Don't be blinded by the near 6 mil cap hit. He's been underperforming heavily and it has cost this team games. He's not the only one, but to me, he's sticking out the most. This is my opinion. You have yours, but you won't change mine. He's failed my eye test every single game except maybe one or two. I was extactic when we picked him up. Now I'd rather play Juolevi his minutes and matchups. To each their own. 

5 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Comments on the comments:

-  Those who are calling for Edler to be dumped... who are you going to replacement him with?  Fact is, he is taking the tough minutes and playing well.

-  Re. Virtanen:  He is a simple guy to coach... he is a hitter who has extraordinary wheels and a decent shot.  What you do is take him off the leash.  Tell him to do what Roussel does and don't dump on him when he takes penalties.  For Virtanen, the only important things to remember are:  "When you don't have the puck, HIT" ... "When you have the puck, drive to the net".  Put that in his ear, 24 hours a day.   Virtanen's performance lack is a coaching problem.

Do you honestly think Green is telling him NOT to use his size & speed?

Do u think the coaches are telling him to do fly bys?

Do you think they are telling him NOT to drive to the net? Like they want him to flip a weak backhand wide instead?

He doesnt use his skills, he's never been a PWF.

Edit: Your 100% right on Edler though. They need to workout a cheap 1 year deal, and he can help foster Juolevi along.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

2 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

This is on Francesco  now  

His stupid tweet pretty much saying everyone's job is safe for now.

Reading between the lines, could he stop jimbo from firing the coach?

This is so frustrating being a fan of this team sometimes.

Very frustrating, that tweet didn’t sit well with me.  Stubborn to change or fix. Losers mentality 

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya coach is mindblowingly bad  gaudette jake macewen juolevi  deserve much better  but lets play sutter and roussel because they are foundational  record in  last 12 suggests green has zero clue about running a nhl team 

Green is trying to win for a long term contract ..