The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

45 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Lind will be a player too.  Not at the level of the two you mention,  but he is looking like a solid prospect as well.

Im not sold on Woo.

Woo is Strangler II. ...  I love his play - perfect partner for Rathbone

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We haven’t had any decent 2nd round picks in 50 years.  Now Benning has already drafted 2 that can be both superstars.  But the only thing you can think of is Benning traded away some picks?  

Mike Peca says hi.

Raymond, Scatchard, Cullimore, Slegr, and Fraser were all really good 2nd rounders. 

However, in 11 of the past 21 drafts we didn't have a 2nd round pick.

Edited by D-Money

18 minutes ago, -Moose said:

I'm going to have to stop watching the games. Missed the last two games and we won 

Thanks for taking one for the team. Appreciate it.

We will let you know when we win a cup, you can watch as much as you want once we get our first cup.

cheers

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Mike Peca says hi.

Raymond, Scatchard, Cullimore, Slegr, and Fraser were all really good 2nd rounders. 

However, in 11 of the past 21 drafts we didn't have a 2nd round pick.

Mike Peca did have a great career...  for Buffalo and the Islanders...

Fraser was drafted in the 70’s, so almost 50 years, I was close...

I’m hoping Demko and Hoglander have much better careers than Raymond, Scatchard, Cullimore and Slegr...

Yes Gillis did trade away a lot of those 2nd round picks, but based on his drafting record I am sure none of them would have made the NHL...

16 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Is anyone else around here starting to want to see the Flames go down hard for the rest of the season?

Sutter talking so big. I'm over Tanev and Marky leaving. I want Treliving to lose.

I dunno why but they are my new hated team... second to the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Oh God this feels good. Watching super soft perimeter dweller Mitch Marner almost singlehandedly give the game away.

Couple costly turnovers late then throws the puck into traffic with the goalie pulled.

i love it!!!

Marky and Tanev are the only respectable players on that team.  Flamers are just as classless as their inbred fanbase.  Wouldn't be disappointed to see a career ending injury for either Tkachuk or Lucic.

4 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

Demko vs Markstrom stats:

Save % - Demko .913, Marky .909

GAA - Demko 2.87, Marky 2.87

I looked this up tonight also. So good to see Demko's numbers ahead of Marky's. 

Despite the pain this first half of the season has inflicted I'm still glad JB didn't give what the Flames did to Marky/Tanev

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Marky and Tanev are the only respectable players on that team.  Flamers are just as classless as their inbred fanbase.  Wouldn't be disappointed to see a career ending injury for either Tkachuk or Lucic.

OK. I know you’re with me.OK. I know you’re with me.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

that was a classy post

we should seriously consider what you call classless

ha ha har

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Doubtful.

If McDavid/Draisaitl get hot the Oilers will go on a run. Not really a matter of if but when they do again. They cold now but everyone knows they don't stay that way long.

Marky is good enough on his own to keep the Flames above .500. Should be interesting to see how they react to the coaching change.

Need to find a way to beat the Habs too.

We can't afford anymore regulation losses at this moment. Unless we go on a massive streak we likely won't make it. Counting on 3-4 teams above us to be stagnant with the star power they have and the changes with coaching staff they've made is wishful thinking at best.

Here is my counter point for some positivity.

Edmonton still have god aweful goaltending and Mike Smith's yearly Vezina run look to have ended. Out scoring your opponent ain't a very good strategy especially with their goaltending and subpar defense. 

Calgary can ride Marky but we have already seen doing so have caused him to miss some crucial games and Ritchie ain't much of a reliable backup.

Montreal minus tonight ain't much better with their new coaches either. 

Ok positivity finished back to the tank.:ph34r:

Edited by 24K PureCool