The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

On 7/1/2021 at 2:01 PM, CanuckGAME said:

How is Eichel over paid?  The kid is an absolute stud. 

Bad attitude? Yes. Possible injury issues, yes.  But as a hockey player hes a top 5 F in the game.

Top 5?  You even watch hockey bro? 

Get real.  He wouldnt even make my top 20.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, AK_19 said:

I'd also probably take Eichel over Marner, Rantanen, Scheifle, Backstrom, and maybe Crosby at his current age. That puts him in the the top 10-15 range for forwards.

No GM is taking Eichel over Schefeile.  Even at his age, Crosby is easily the better player.

Edited by EddieVedder

9 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Thats what i was wondering, idk. Just glad we aint connected to that mess.

Just last week Eichel's agent reported that they were close to a resolution.  Adams confirmed that their stance hadn't changed - their doctors prefer rest and rehab than a procedure that has never been performed on an NHLer.  There was no mention of a new back injury.  

Eichel and his agent can appeal the decision - the NHLPA would get involved.

Edited by mll

On 7/4/2021 at 9:28 PM, Bertuzzipunch said:

And this is exactly why Eichel will need to prove he can still play before Buffalo gets even close to fair return.  Any trade before surgery will be mostly craperolla and conditional.  

16 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

You and I must have a very different view of perfect.

Buy super low, take on the risk, LTIR, back surgery, wait it out, and in 2022, here is a brand new Eichel.

And we are treated to a super Eichel/McDavid rivalry.

6 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Buy super low, take on the risk, LTIR, back surgery, wait it out, and in 2022, here is a brand new Eichel.

If it works out then it’s sheer genius, if not? OMG Jim’s head will be on a pike outside the arena. And I know before you say it….that’s a risk you’re willing to take!  :lol:

• Haha 1

I don't understand Buffalo's position.  I understand that Eichel's back injury (which seems additional to this neck injury) is a concern for his value, but surely this would have come out in negotiations or as part of the contract.  My understanding has been that teams generally have a physical evaluation of the player as part of a transaction.  Even if this was not caught at the time the deal was entered (such as by Eichel having surgery), surely it would have been figured out at some point?  At this point, why not just let Eichel have the surgery?  He might not be the same player when he gets back, but I doubt teams are going to be offering amazing packages now his current unresolved health issues are known.

It's curious that current Buffalo management is taking this position.  Seems like it could be a continuation of thinking that could have led to the souring of Eichel's relationship with the organization in the first place.

22 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Get them to take LE as well... :P

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, BPA said:

Get them to take LE as well... :P

no salary going back may actually be a better deal than many other deals out there…

Perhaps this could do as well:

VAN

Eichel

BUF

Virtanen

Schmidt

Do you think Eichel would be “injured” enough to “hypothetically” stay on the LTIR until ... hmmm ... game one of the playoffs?  If so make it happen JB!

to Van 

Eichel

to Buffalo

9 OA (1st round pick)

JV (Raymond)

Schmidt (Ballard)

I’ll start planning the parade now, can someone else organize the riot for me?

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2021 at 10:08 PM, wallstreetamigo said:

The Sabres are just a train wreck top to bottom. 

They seem to share the same hockey luck as there expansion cousins, namely us. Someone crapped in the Hockey Gods garden that expansion year.