13/14 - 5th DNQ

14/15 - 2nd  Lost Round 1

15/16 - 6th DNQ

16/17 - 7th DNQ

17/18 - 7th DNQ

18/19 - 5th DNQ

19/20 - 3rd Lost Round 2

20/21 - 6th or 7th DNQ

Canucks are right where the AVs were from 2014 -2017 (4-5 years behind the AVs rebuild) - Much better trajectory than Edmonton or Toronto, without the luxury of being gifted how many lotto wins between the two teams? 

TL;DR Stop your bitching!

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Not true. Petey went out of his way to talk to management - that he wanted Toffoli signed. I don't think Petey was the only one either, just the only one officially quoted on record. As for Tanev, I don't have to look any farther than last years playoff locker room videos. Clearly a big part of leadership in the room. Hughes is also on the record and quoted as missing Tanev from a professional perspective. Truth is, he was mentoring Hughes well, and then we just let the guy walk.

Link

Still prefer Schmidt, Hamonic and Demko.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Pearson got a deal that agents said he never would have got in free agency. He has a guaranteed top 6, top pp role even though he produced 9 of 45 points into an empty net last year and was, at best, 3rd line level offensively this year. Of vourse he wants to come back.

Hamonic only will agree to play for a max 4 teams in the NHL. Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton, and Winnipeg. He has already played with 2, and on the other 2 there is zero chancs he would be playing with their top offensive left side dman. Again, no brainer that he wants to stay.

Both are supplemental players at best anyway.

I am more interested in how guys like Miller, Schmidt, Horvat, Hughes, and EP feel. You know, guys that actually move the needle and ars important.

Okay, but if the team was completely toxic Pearson and Hamonic would still have options elsewhere and you haven't explained away Tofolli wanting to come back either.  I don't like all of Benning's moves either but am distinguishing between that and the state of the locker room.  I'm interested in how Miller, Schmidt, Horvat, Hughes and EP feel too but will be surprised if it's all that bad.  The only real discontent was over the return from covid schedule that Miller articulated for the group.  Then suddenly that is supposed to be the tip of a bigger iceberg.  That's the part I'm not convinced about.  Even with a severely depleted lineup, the effort has been there.  The team hasn't quit on Green, whatever you think of the coaching.

• Cheers 3

The team has no cap space to bring in new blood. Even if we did, it is very concerning to go through free agency when Benning is still in charge.

There has to be some change.

The team has talent and is better than what they showed this year.  It wasn’t just about Covid. They were scrambled from the very start. 

My bet is that Travis will be gone I’m the next couple days.

If the team continues to be bad half way through next season then JB will also be adios.  

There needs to be accountability. Failure and a losing culture should never be tolerated for too long. 

Ownership will execute those tough business decisions. They have to....

3 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

The team has no cap space to bring in new blood. Even if we did, it is very concerning to go through free agency when Benning is still in charge.

The team has talent and is better than what they showed this year.  It wasn’t just about Covid. They were scrambled from the very start. 

If the team continues to be bad half way through next season then JB will also be adios.  

There needs to be accountability. Failure and a losing culture should never be tolerated for too long. 

^ Voice of reason. Not panic. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

sure, but that doesn't mean he'd be a good fit here. He's a horrible fit for this team. Sure he's a good top 6, but he's also a culture killer. The F'Lames are a mess and he's not helping. 

Woa Jimmy, I agree with a lot of what your saying you just stepped over the line. to say Chucky wouldnt be a good fit here is a fallacy, Chucky tottally a team player WTF he's a guy everyone wants on your team.Go tell Hughes Chucky wouldnt be a good fit on this team, but then what do i know I think Miller rubs a lot a players on our team the wrong way .

31 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

when you're a hammer everything looks like a nail. You negative guys see everything as trash with this team. Yes there are big issues, but the positive still outweighs the negative. 

I strongly disagree. The negatives outweighs the positives by a large margin. Doesn’t mean that there are no positives however. I’d like to be as optimistic as you one day haha

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

we'll see on cap space. Only 14 mil at the moment, which is enough for Hughes and Petey. We still need room for Podkolzins ELC, some depth Fs, OJ's bridge deal, and some sort of 3C solution. 

I'm starting to wonder if we'll see Schmidt exposed to Seattle to clear cap, or maybe a trade with him being moved out prior to the ED. Rathbone may have made Nate expendable. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

9 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Colorado Avalanche Since 08/09

08/09 - 5th DNQ

09/10 - 2nd Lost Conference QF

10/11 - 4th DNQ

11/12 - 3rd DNQ

12/13 - 5th DNQ

13/14 - 1st Lost Round 1

14/15 - 7th DNQ

15/16 - 6th DNQ

16/17 - 7th DNQ

17/18 - 4th Lost Round 1

18/19 - 5th Lost Round 2

19/20 - 2nd Lost Round 2

20/21 - 1st TBD

Canucks Since 13/14

13/14 - 5th DNQ

15/16 - 6th DNQ

16/17 - 7th DNQ

17/18 - 7th DNQ

18/19 - 5th DNQ

19/20 - 3rd Lost Round 2

20/21 - 6th or 7th DNQ

Canucks are right where the AVs were from 2014 -2017 (4-5 years behind the AVs rebuild) - Much better trajectory than Edmonton or Toronto, without the luxury of being gifted how many lotto wins between the two teams? 

Ding, ding, ding!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I agree, the one thing that scares me is if they fire Benning half way through the season and hire an interim until June,  then we'll have to wait to see if the new GM gets the authority to restructure the team. If a new GM decides we need another rebuild period, we're looking at 10 years of mediocrity with a playoff bubble.

2 minutes ago, Hockey101 said:

Woa Jimmy, I agree with a lot of what your saying you just stepped over the line. to say Chucky wouldnt be a good fit here is a fallacy, Chucky tottally a team player WTF he's a guy everyone wants on your team.Go tell Hughes Chucky wouldnt be a good fit on this team, but then what do i know I think Miller rubs a lot a players on our team the wrong way .

Hughes likes Brady more. 

You can see that MT doesn't carry his team with him, that he's selfish and isn't "the guy" that is capable of leading his team. I could see him being the one Calgary trades this offseason. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we'll see on cap space. Only 14 mil at the moment, which is enough for Hughes and Petey. We still need room for Podkolzins ELC, some depth Fs, OJ's bridge deal, and some sort of 3C solution. 

I'm starting to wonder if we'll see Schmidt exposed to Seattle to clear cap, or maybe a trade with him being moved out prior to the ED. Rathbone may have made Nate expendable. 

Are you being sarcastic? Expose Schmidt lol ok I know a lot of people don’t respect Benning as a GM on these boards but holy crap folks please stop typing just stoppppp!! 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, ken kaniff said:

I strongly disagree. The negatives outweighs the positives by a large margin. Doesn’t mean that there are no positives however. I’d like to be as optimistic as you one day haha

which negatives? the dead cap - thats all gone next year. 

I've said over and over that Jim needs more help, but to not see this team has a lot of good things in place is just hard to fathom. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Colorado Avalanche Since 08/09

08/09 - 5th DNQ

09/10 - 2nd Lost Conference QF

10/11 - 4th DNQ

11/12 - 3rd DNQ

12/13 - 5th DNQ

13/14 - 1st Lost Round 1

14/15 - 7th DNQ

15/16 - 6th DNQ

16/17 - 7th DNQ

17/18 - 4th Lost Round 1

18/19 - 5th Lost Round 2

19/20 - 2nd Lost Round 2

20/21 - 1st TBD

Canucks Since 13/14

13/14 - 5th DNQ

15/16 - 6th DNQ

16/17 - 7th DNQ

17/18 - 7th DNQ

18/19 - 5th DNQ

19/20 - 3rd Lost Round 2

20/21 - 6th or 7th DNQ

Haha take a look at their roster then look at the Canucks. Here's a hint, they actually rebuilt properly. And managed their cap very effectively. Yes it was slow and painful but they are set up now for sustainable success.

• RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, NucksIn50 said:

Are you being sarcastic? Expose Schmidt lol ok I know a lot of people don’t respect Benning as a GM on these boards but holy crap folks please stop typing just stoppppp!! 

:frantic:

if you haven't noticed, clearing cap is very expensive. I'd prefer a trade but it is an option. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

which negatives? the dead cap - thats all gone next year. 

I've said over and over that Jim needs more help, but to not see this team has a lot of good things in place is just hard to fathom. 

It would honestly take far too long to list all the negatives. This team does have good things in place (Petey, Hughes, Horvat, Boeser, Demko, other young players) but I don’t think those justify the overwhelming incompetence in so many other areas. But to each their own, if you’re still happy with Benning than good on ya. I certainly don’t understand