The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Francesco Aquilini owes Canuck Nation an explanation.

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

• RU SERIOUS changed the title to Francesco Aquilini owes Canuck Nation an explanation.

benning started with zero prospects other than horvat and hutton.  I trust bennings drafting  he gets multiple players that are nhlers every draft and as much as you all say virtanen and juolevi are busts  they arent really jake has 100 nhl points so far juolevi had injuries looked decent this yr.

Demko petey hughes hoglander podkolzin  boeser are  grade a nhlers 

i dont like the pearson contract or eriksson or myers or roussel or beagle  im not sure why benning over pays vets on  tolong term contracts if your gonna sign a vet make it 2 yrs max and no no trade clauses. I think ownership will give him next yr to make playoffs or hes fired.  Just hope green and brown and baumer are gonzo

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, tas said:

can we make it inge hammarstrom? I'm sick of seeing @Timråfantalk about him. 

You do realize without Hammarstrom we don’t have Petey, right?  Our owners very well know the value of our Swedish pipeline of players, and it’s connection to scouts like Hammarstrom.  

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You do realize without Hammarstrom we don’t have Petey, right?  Our owners very well know the value of our Swedish pipeline of players, and it’s connection to scouts like Hammarstrom.  

it was tongue-in-cheek, alf. it's a little early to be hitting the Scotch isn't it?

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

I don't think JB is as incompetent as a lot of people on here think. I mean Hoglander, Pettersson, Hughes and Boeser were all home-runs, I'm not thrilled with any of the contracts he's given out in fact only Jason Botterill has been worse. But the drafting has been good, not great but good. We've got another top 10 pick this year and I think we'll get a pretty snazzy player whether it be a forward or a defender. 

Well lets keep drafting, 5 more years and we may have something 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

I don't think JB is as incompetent as a lot of people on here think. I mean Hoglander, Pettersson, Hughes and Boeser were all home-runs, I'm not thrilled with any of the contracts he's given out in fact only Jason Botterill has been worse. But the drafting has been good, not great but good. We've got another top 10 pick this year and I think we'll get a pretty snazzy player whether it be a forward or a defender. 

Not great?  

No, our drafting has been great. You lack perspective on the odds of draft picks making the NHL if you think our drafting has only been “good”. 

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Please don’t give credit to anyone other than Jim  Benning for the drafting the Benning homers find it extremely offensive.jim Benning scouted and drafted all the good picks and the big bad media and the losers scouts picked all the bad ones. 

scouting /drafting is the only homer excuse left for why he’s a Gm.

well Besides he had two years in a contract which is really the only reason he’s still here. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Canuck's Nation & Season Ticket Holders demand ownership step up in front of the microphone at a news conference and explain what the game plan is and answer all questions from reporters.   It's been 7 years now with JB & Co. and we're right back at square one - actually much worse this year than back then.  The cycle of excuses and attempted distractions from JB's incompetence, like hiring Trevor and the chatter now about hiring the Sedins/Courtnall doesn't cut-it. We know that's all smoke and mirrors.  Jim Benning Has Failed this franchise and should be removed NOW!

WE (Canuck's Nation & Season Ticket Holders) WAN'T TO KNOW WHAT THE GAME PLAN IS GOING FORWARD   Be a Man Francesco and step up to the podium and answer for these sins!

See I’m okay with getting a new GM but your whole post is just full of stupid and false statements.  

You don’t speak for Canuck fans, you speak for the small Twitter group that is outraged by everything regardless of outcome. 

For that reason, I’m out.