The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks sign Travis Green to contract extension

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Figured this works here too. 

image.gif.42f7081827dc54d6fab99fd54bfb2646.gif

Yeah I know. After 1040 went away I tried to give some of the on air personalities a try in their ventures elsewhere. Sekeres was tolerable on 1040 I think because Price was a moderating presence. Now Price is full of horrible takes too...trying to be “edgy” I think. 

but yeah Alf, I’ll take your gif to heart.

Edited by Locke Lamora
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

No Way Do Not Want GIF

Man this meme is exactly how i reacted when i saw clouts name mentioned. 

our goaltending was bad when he was the coach. A great guy, but please no clouts — re-sign Clark at all cost. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, x00x said:

Why the heck we keeping the same assistant coaches, they are garbage, wtf is going on with the canucks, i dont mind green, but brown and baum, really? jesus

We may not be keeping them... Hopefully find out at presser tomorrow?  

Hmm... but this season was a clear failure. No one is being held accountable. 

if it’s not the gm and not the coaches and not the assistants... basically players sucked?

Bringing Green back is fine. I actually noticed some changes in the way the players were supporting the puck with defenseman switching positions. I guess he is experimenting with new ideas but someone needs to be held accountable for this poor season. 

we finished below Ottawa...

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

9 minutes ago, khay said:

Hmm... but this season was a clear failure. No one is being held accountable. 

if it’s not the gm and not the coaches and not the assistants... basically players sucked?

Bringing Green back is fine. I actually noticed some changes in the way the players were supporting the puck with defenseman switching positions. I guess he is experimenting with new ideas but someone needs to be held accountable for this poor season. 

we finished below Ottawa...

Wouldn't sell them short.  Ottawa is a up and coming team... They are being built well and started getting their legs half way through the season... I could see them making playoffs next year . We are slightly ahead if them in development but really... We got hit by covid at the worse possible time.  We had just made it through the worst part if our schedule and covid took us out of any chance to make the post season.  Very hard year to assess.  JB has what 2 years left on his deal?  If next year this team misses post season then I'm sure Bennings gone.  But I am very confident that we will make the post season not just next year but years to come.  

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I wanted Benning to return.

I wanted a President of Hockey Ops with experience to be hired.

I wanted Green to return.
I wanted Clark to return.

I wanted Brown to be replaced.

I wanted Baumgartner to be replaced.

I also realize that I am entitled to none of this. Whether any or all of these things happen I will be back to cheer on my team next year.  There is lots to like here and much work to be done. I refuse to lose my mind over things that I have no control over.

I want to win the lottery :emot-parrot:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, sassbs said:

Lollll

, no one should be resigned! Green is an awful coach, benning needs to go and please don’t get me started on brown and Nolan.  

If they are all resigned, I will take a picture of me in a maple leafs tidy whitey!    

i seriously have to question anything Canucks related if it comes to pass

Maple Leafs fans put paper bags over their heads, dance after Lightning  goal - SBNation.com

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Nucksownyou said:

Baum and Brown already have contracts for next season, so hopefully "rest of the coaching staff" means Ian Clark.

I don't think any of the coaching staff have contracts, all expire May 30,2021..

Sounds like Green will have a new 2 yr deal contract tomorrow...

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I have a Facebook account because that’s how my local community of my hobby communicates, I have no other social media account, heck, I can only name 2 others, Twitter and that one where you swipe left or right then get lucky and only reason I know that one is because of Quagmire.

Dude. CDC.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1