The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks sign Travis Green to contract extension

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

It didnt feel fake tho.

If they say nothing they want them gone if they answer like they did it is just them being nice. Benning naysayers will spin everything. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Sounds like Green will have a new 2 yr deal contract tomorrow...

I'm OK with that. I'm also keen on Clark, as is everyone else.

I'm not certain about the assistants though. Guess that's Green's choice...

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I don't think any of the coaching staff have contracts, all expire May 30,2021..

Sounds like Green will have a new 2 yr deal contract tomorrow...

I thought his contract would expire same as JB if signed

Next year is a show me big improvement year, or both may be gone 1 yr early

Thinking Aqua didn't want to pay JB 2 more years and hire and pay a new guy and staff, especially without knowing the future situation with Covid capacity

11 minutes ago, xereau said:

Sniffing glue explains a LOT.

I'm doubtful if using adhesives for recreational purposes helps to explain anything. There's lots of folks around here who have probably been eating paste since grade school, and they keep talking.....  :P

regards,  G.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Just Green and Clark

We need new PP/ PK coaches

Sedins can be the new conditioning coaches since they were the most fit every year , even when old

what does that even mean?

Maybe runnning up the grouse Grind isn't the best fitness test.

The Sedins got "OLD" at 32 YO

Thornton, Marleau and Chara and Jaagr in some far off nether world are still playing in their 40s

I was thinking the Sedins will advise Brown with the powrplay the Canucks already make too many bad passes, not sure how the Sedinies will help

3 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Almost every team in the league uses the drop pass for PP zone entry. The coach teaches the system, which has us with the 8th most PP goals since Brown took over as coach. Not coming up with the big, timely goal to win the game is on the players, they have to come through in those clutch moments not the coaches. All the coach can do is motivate and attempt to adjust game plans on the fly. Players still do the actual playing

yes but where is the motivation when its Miller, Bo, Boeser, Hughes every PP and every time they need a goal?

those guys are as complacent as the team Torts inherited in 2013

10 hours ago, stawns said:

aside from having to overpay (slightly) a couple vets to field an NHL lineup early on in his tenure, what bad contracts has he handed out?

You could argue Virtanen?

Or if we paid him like a 20 goal scorer. He did have some emergence. But it was one year. Maybe we should have stuck to one year?

9 hours ago, Squamfan said:

James also has two years left on his contract so it makes sense 

Jim Benning?

I remember next year as term finale on his pact???

7 hours ago, canuckleheads fan said:

I watched all the post COVID games, and as exhausted as that team was, they never mailed it in.  They could have gotten down because right out of the pandemic hitting the entire team, the NHL put them on the Bataan Death March of hockey, giving them no chance to catch up to 4th place.  Instead, they went out and beat Toronto twice, and played hard the rest of the way.  They were minus their most explosive player, and pretty much the entire bottom six, and Greener was playing mix and match with the bottom six to give guys a chance to audition for next year, and still they worked their tails off.  To me, that's a team that likes the coach, and plays hard for him.  The results weren't always great, but the effort was pretty much always there, in spite of having to play five games in seven nights near the end.

This is a great post! Very honest effort from the team.  1st 1/3rd pf the year no Hamonic. 2knd 2/3rds no Petey. Covid. Which created manpower mismatches.

Last 1/3rd as mentioned pretty much decimated our bottom 6.

I am not 100% thrilled with the coaching.  I would like more puck control, less dump and chase. More puck pressure. Especially considering we dump and chase. But also attacking an opposing teams point man at our blue line. Create turnovers. That said we do stack the neutral zone, block shots, play hard. 80% happy?

I do like the development of our young players & the effort. 

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

If they say nothing they want them gone if they answer like they did it is just them being nice. Benning naysayers will spin everything. 

I wasnt spinning anything actually. Anything players, coaches, and GMs say should be taken with a grain of salt. Its usually been media washed and dried before hand.