The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Media Availability with GM JB and Head Coach Green (& Follow Up With JB on 650)

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This letter went out to our Season Ticket Members this morning, per Francesco Aquilini.

E17R71JVoAMKtnP?format=jpg&name=large

"Please get vaccinated as soon you can so that we can be together again at Rogers Arena in the fall."

Amen to that. 

3 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

juolevi.chatfield and rafferty just got thrown under the bus.

Do you think Uncle Jim will finally admit Yo-Levi is a bust draft pick like lazy Jake?

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • RoughGame 2

4 hours ago, Wayne Glensky said:

You can’t ban someone just because you don’t agree with them. Use the ignore button if you don’t like me pal. 

Sure, why not? Twitter trolls love to cancel anything they disagree with. Why not use there tactic on  an actual troll? 

• Cheers 1

I did not like Jim's answer to the scheduling question. Just because he can't see other team's schedules doesn't mean he should accept 19 games in 31 days. It's his job to focus on what's best for OUR team, and he should absolutely be pushing back against that type of scheduling. I just don't always get the sense that Jim is on top of certain things. He also sounded very defensive about the question. It's fine to look forward, but it's also important to recognize that mistakes were made. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Juice was one of the few assets the team could move - for futures - at the outset of a transition.

I don't see Edler the same way, at all - and further, Edler aside, the entire left side are youth/green - Hughes, Juolevi and Rathbone I like - a lot - but I wouldn't want to fire that group into Edler's minutes.

I also think that people might want to slow down on the assumptions that Edler is done.

The guy was a rented mule in an insane schedule and a covid outbreak season...The last month+ must have been literally exhausting/taxing - even moreso than his 'normal' workload.

I think the Edler that would be returning next season - hopefully under more 'normal' circumstances - would be an Edler that could still help this team - a team that is going to still need a hard minutes workhorse - if it's not Edler - it'll need to be some other LHD that can handle his role (and even then, the health of the blueline can't be assumed, so...)  I think Edler returning is borderline no-brainer.

Ryan Murray or Jamie Oleksiak could take on Edler's minutes and feature in a bottom six role, and are both 7 years younger than Edler, which helps align them with the likes of Horvat, Miller and others. It would be dependent on what sort of term and AAV they're looking for. Same with Edler. I would hope that he wouldn't be looking for anything near the $6M he was paid for the last two years.

I don't think it's a guarantee that he's returning at all. 

3 minutes ago, b3. said:

Jim wanting to be aggressive this summer?

*insert Michael Scott meme*

oh god no, he will probably trade for lucic and sign Leivo for 5 million per for 4 years...Benning special and call it a day. I really hope he stays put and doesnt sign any free agents and lets Edler and sutter walk. Dont want a bunch of overpaid bums handcuffing the team again. He doesnt sign Toffoli or Tanev for 4 mil per but now he want to be aggrrssive this season and knowing his track record I rather he do nothing then do something which puts this team back another 5 to 10 years.