The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce coaching staff updates

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Interesting sleuthing. I would say he's still going to be the defensive coach, as his history with Columbus and St. Louis had him operating in that type of role, that being said, it's not like these guys won't commiserate on the bench.

As a junior player, he was actually a high scoring D and played first unit power play, paired with Cassidy (now Boston HC).

Shaw is also a future head coach candidate, and he has coached forwards at times, in the NHL (was just reading about him taking over the forwards at r a shuffle in Columbus). I’m sure he can be effective in any role, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up working with the D and both special teams (with Baumer and King assisting him), almost as Green’s associate coach, even if an assistant in title.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Nice.  

TG seems like a very open minded guy.  Curious what sort of outside tweaks Shaw might bring to the overall systems the Canucks use next year.  That combined with a tweaked roster could be a major boon for the Canucks.  Already excited for next season.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Hmm. I was in the minority that didn't think Brown was that bad, but am perfectly fine moving on if we do.

I do feel Baumgartner should probably not have been re-signed though. Very happy to see Clark back though.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, -AJ- said:

Hmm. I was in the minority that didn't think Brown was that bad, but am perfectly fine moving on if we do.

I do feel Baumgartner should probably not have been re-signed though. Very happy to see Clark back though.

I don't agree about your point on Brown. We were something like 25th in the league on the PP. Our penalty kill was also not great (17th, I think).

I do agree with Baumgartner getting fired. We were an absolute tirefire. That being said, I agree with other ppl here that the players saved his (and Green's job). On the other hand, I think Baumgartner is getting reassigned. Brad Shaw is now the defensive guru (I think), since he did that with St. Louis and Columbus.

Why do we have so many assistants? Oh well, I'm not complaining. It means Aquilini is willing to invest in this team to get better.

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Yes, this is an interesting point to bring up again. This is why we should not believe the journalists in this town, including Ian MacIntyre, at least not completely. Wait and see is what we should be doing as a fanbase, but do not treat their words as gospel.

They said many things, and many of those things have turned out to be flat out wrong.

Also, props to Aquilini for not being 'cheap'. I'm tired of hearing this baseless accusation, despite him being one of the richest Canadians (and one of the richest sports team owners). Finally, we have stability - an owner who has a backbone and not listen to some of the IDIOT fans that have no idea what they talk about half the time.

there are very few media heads that I'd trust for this market. I'm not sure IMac is all that plugged in tbh. Certainly none of the guys like Harman whats his face and those characters from the Athletic Supporter.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1