Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce coaching staff updates

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, HKSR said:

With Clark locked in for 5 years and Demko for 5 years, I think Wallstedt would be the perfect player to pick at #9OA.  Allows the flexibility to move Dipietro to acquire help in other areas.

Finally I somewhat agree with you. If the top defensemen are gone, and its between McTavish or Wallestedt, I would take Wallestedt. BPA always. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HKSR said:

With Clark locked in for 5 years and Demko for 5 years, I think Wallstedt would be the perfect player to pick at #9OA.  Allows the flexibility to move Dipietro to acquire help in other areas.

Could happen, although I don't agree with spending a #9 pick on a G. Rarely and we are the exception does a team trade a G and get a high pick in return. In comparison to us drafting a positional player and maybe one day moving a player for a big return down the road when we have a younger cheap replacement....

 

I am kind of eluding to us taking a McTavish/Guenther type player and them possibly being able to replace a almost 30 yr old JT Miller or another player after his current or next contract

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Based on this section from the team press release, I’m wondering if Shaw will actually be handling the power play?

 

Just given the fact that chose to include his power play scoring stats, from when he played.

 

Maybe reading too much into things, but seems odd they’d included those specific numbers, without some intent behind it.

 

I’m just glad Shaw is here, whatever his official role ends up being. He’s going to make the defence better. And that fact he’s had so much success coaching PK probably gives him pretty good insights into how things work on the opposite side of special teams. 

Interesting sleuthing. I would say he's still going to be the defensive coach, as his history with Columbus and St. Louis had him operating in that type of role, that being said, it's not like these guys won't commiserate on the bench.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Based on this section from the team press release, I’m wondering if Shaw will actually be handling the power play?

 

Just given the fact that chose to include his power play scoring stats, from when he played.

 

Maybe reading too much into things, but seems odd they’d included those specific numbers, without some intent behind it.

 

I’m just glad Shaw is here, whatever his official role ends up being. He’s going to make the defence better. And that fact he’s had so much success coaching PK probably gives him pretty good insights into how things work on the opposite side of special teams. 

 

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Interesting sleuthing. I would say he's still going to be the defensive coach, as his history with Columbus and St. Louis had him operating in that type of role, that being said, it's not like these guys won't commiserate on the bench.

I wouldn't be surprised if Baumgartner's marching orders were: "one, you're going to now run special teams.  two, you're forbidden from using the inter-provincial drop-pass as the entry mode to the offensive zone.  now go get'em, tiger!".  :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Interesting sleuthing. I would say he's still going to be the defensive coach, as his history with Columbus and St. Louis had him operating in that type of role, that being said, it's not like these guys won't commiserate on the bench.

As a junior player, he was actually a high scoring D and played first unit power play, paired with Cassidy (now Boston HC).

 

Shaw is also a future head coach candidate, and he has coached forwards at times, in the NHL (was just reading about him taking over the forwards at r a shuffle in Columbus). I’m sure he can be effective in any role, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up working with the D and both special teams (with Baumer and King assisting him), almost as Green’s associate coach, even if an assistant in title.

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice.  

 

TG seems like a very open minded guy.  Curious what sort of outside tweaks Shaw might bring to the overall systems the Canucks use next year.  That combined with a tweaked roster could be a major boon for the Canucks.  Already excited for next season.  

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. I was in the minority that didn't think Brown was that bad, but am perfectly fine moving on if we do.

 

I do feel Baumgartner should probably not have been re-signed though. Very happy to see Clark back though.

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Jimmy..... Don't you know..... silence is GoldenB).

Im just really curious on Uncle Laleet's take on things. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...