The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

Just now, TheCustodian said:

He’s been straight up terrible except for the PP. and Hughes has the PP1 LS spot locked up.

Understood!  That seems to be what people are saying.  I was looking for a bit more detail though lol

Like what specifically is different about his game now compared to when he was awesome.

2 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

How badly has OEL actually declined the last couple of years?  I can't say that I actually watched a whole lot of Arizona games!

Also for those of you ARE familiar with his decline.  WHY are you familiar??  What has drawn you to digging to Arizona? haha

They love making stuff up and hope people are dumb enough to believe them. 

OEL is a legit #1 dman. 

Garland, on a contender is a solid 3rd line type.  Would love great with Dickinson and Pearson or Mackewan and maybe give us a legit 3rd line similar to what Tampa had.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, combover said:

You mean the guys who contracts expire  after the season for a guy who’s here till he’s 36 at 7.2. 
huh 

Sit and wait for contracts to expire for another season,.  Then what?  
Your grabbing crystal balls.

we have gotten rid of 3 stagnant contracts worth 12m, make it 13m with the retention.

We have given up a Kaleidoscope Draft pick that we won’t see for 2-3 years .

and we have 6m of free space.

OEL will do well in Vancouver..  the desert is no where to hockey,.  Shane Doan put them on the map because he loves it there, and he is/was Shane Doan.

What did you exactly see happening next year,  who comes in ?

This is real,.  Your lost perception is not.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

People keep talking about OEL but I'm excited to see Garland's progress.  He's only 25 and scored 20 goals and was on pace for another 20 goal season.  I think he can break that 25 goal mark.  If he does, we have 5 or 6 forwards who can hit 20 plus goals.  

Hard to disagree. So many people had a problem with the Miller trade when it happened as well. This trade makes us better now, and for the next several years.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Just now, EddieVedder said:

They love making stuff up and hope people are dumb enough to believe them. 

OEL is a legit #1 dman. 

Garland, on a contender is a solid 3rd line type.  Would love great with Dickinson and Pearson or Mackewan and maybe give us a legit 3rd line similar to what Tampa had.

You have this totally wrong. Garland is a very good top six forward on any competitive team.

OEL got killed playing against other team’s bottom sixes. He’s a #5D

1 minute ago, Baratheon said:

Understood!  That seems to be what people are saying.  I was looking for a bit more detail though lol

Like what specifically is different about his game now compared to when he was awesome.

You can see the stats but a lot of it is engagement levels and the fact he’s extremely soft on the puck. Either something broke with him physically or he has serious issues with competition level.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, shiznak said:

According to this chart. His level of competition is only at a 47% percentile, which is ultimately bottom pairing competition.

7938B781-1404-4A13-996F-BA733F56C516.jpeg.20ddf0101c7805b88155144a76010294.jpeg

Right. Cause analytics got Arizona to become a bottom feeder. Where’s John Chayka?  He must be working in secret with Ron Francis. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

To put it in context of the present market for buyers and moving out cap....

(and to be clear, Gostisbehere aint close to LE's level of underperforming dump)....

To Philly

Ellis

Ristolainen

Out

Phillipe Myers

Nolan Patrick

Robert Hagg

1st

2nd

2nd

7th

(Gostisbehere)

Yeah and that’s stupid too. Why compare to stupidity? Bar is on the floor.