The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

1 minute ago, CJ44 said:

Different players, different skillets, different teams needs- the age correlation between the two is irrelevant.

Sorry I don't buy it, every team wants good team first players, which is what Tanev was/is

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Regardless of what comes of this investigation I’m pretty certain we’ve seen the last of Virtanen in a Canucks uniform. 

Ironic that Kobe is still a legend in LA while Jake is written off regardless of investigation results. 

Just now, Fred65 said:

Sorry I don't buy it, every team wants good team first players, which is what Tanev was/is

It's much more complicated than that unfortunately...there's still a limit to what a team can and is willing to pay. You can't overpay based on character alone. You wouldn't be a GM for very long. Lots of guys have good character...doesn't mean you should overpay them.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, CJ44 said:

It's much more complicated than that unfortunately...there's still a limit to what a team can and is willing to pay. You can't overpay based on character alone. You wouldn't be a GM for very long. Lots of guys have good character...doesn't mean you should overpay them.

he had lot more to offer than character, he was Vr go to man for years, and I'm sure Calgary are happy

Edited by Fred65

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

Innocent until proven guilty; unless you're Jake.

um, no. Its showing up to camp fat more than once. Its the inconsistent play. The lack of effort. The partying crap. This latest thing is just the icing. 

He hasn't lived up to his draft position, not even close and most of it is on his effort and commitment. 

• Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Innocent until proven guilty; unless you're Jake.

Kobe was  better at basketball than Jake is at hockey, and for some people that matters more than what  the allegations are/were.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

OEL said in his interview today that "I know I haven't been good enough" and also expressed that it was natural that trade rumours etc. occurs if you don't live up to your contract.

He's still put up 0.5 PPG during the last 4 years, and I'd imagine there are a lot of players that would look at the issue as being something other than themselves. I like that attitude - although the 4 years might indicate he sees Tocchet as part of the problem - and also that he seems genuinely anxious to get over and start skating right away!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

um, no. Its showing up to camp fat more than once. Its the inconsistent play. The lack of effort. The partying crap. This latest thing is just the icing. 

He hasn't lived up to his draft position, not even close and most of it is on his effort and commitment. 

He came into camp overweight once. He then came in to camp where his conditioning wasn't at a level that Green expected; not fat. He put his nose to the grindstone last season.He came in to camp in shape. Obviously he was progressing. He was playing well on the Horvat Pearson line and was doing the right things away from the puck. If he kept playing that way then the points would have eventually came. He's not the only player to have a tough time with the restrictions and Covid.

People are writing him off but he will rebound and fans will cry about why couldn't he do that here.

27 minutes ago, CJ44 said:

I still wouldve paid Tanev the 4.

He was the heart of this defense.

Just now, EddieVedder said:

He was the heart of this defense.

We offered Tanev a contract and he turned it down. We didn't get a chance to alter the contract offer because he signed with Calgary soon after our offer; even though he told Benning that he would sleep on it. He didn't.

5 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

$4.5 mill for 4 yrs.

Just a bit too long for me.

Guy is arguably the best shut down d they ever had, but the staying healthy part has cost him, and the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1