The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tucker Poolman | #5 | D

-AJ-

• 2 weeks later...

https://canucksarmy.com/2021/12/28/canucks-defence-tucker-poolman-healthy-scratch/

Poolman is decent as a 5 or 6 dman. If he is playing top 4 minutes he becomes a much more glaring weakness.

Been saying that was too much term for a nobody Benning thought this guy could be a poor man's Tanev. He might be able to block some shots but he doesn't move the puck and head man it like Tanev did and could.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

https://canucksarmy.com/2021/12/28/canucks-defence-tucker-poolman-healthy-scratch/

Poolman is decent as a 5 or 6 dman. If he is playing top 4 minutes he becomes a much more glaring weakness.

Been saying that was too much term for a nobody Benning thought this guy could be a poor man's Tanev. He might be able to block some shots but he doesn't move the puck and head man it like Tanev did and could.

Another Canucks Army click bait troll job written by Chris Faber the trolliest of them all. This guy knows nothing about hockey and I doubt he even owns a pair of skates. If he did there is no way that 4 sandwich eating hack could bend over to lace them up.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2021 at 2:45 PM, GB5 said:

Another Canucks Army click bait troll job written by Chris Faber the trolliest of them all. This guy knows nothing about hockey and I doubt he even owns a pair of skates. If he did there is no way that 4 sandwich eating hack could bend over to lace them up.

Thank goodness that you're not one of JR's pro scouts. Poolman is brutal and has no business playing against anyone but opposing fourth liners.  He handles the puck like it's a grenade and is blind as a bat with his up-ice reads.  Surprised he came out of the UND program. 

You might want to dust off those old CCM Tacks and go for a skate.  Div 8 at Burnaby ASHL doesn't make you knowledgeable at hockey.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Thank goodness that you're not one of JR's pro scouts. Poolman is brutal and has no business playing against anyone but opposing fourth liners.  He handles the puck like it's a grenade and is blind as a bat with his up-ice reads.  Surprised he came out of the UND program. 

You might want to dust off those old CCM Tacks and go for a skate.  Div 8 at Burnaby ASHL doesn't make you knowledgeable at hockey.

What I could never understand was this. Chevy in Winnipeg was in the midst of rebuilding his D, why then would he not sign Poolman, he'd been in the Winnipeg system I believe for 4 years. I have a lot of time for Chevy and it had me scraching my head, and said so at the time. My conclusion was he was a lemon  

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/19/2022 at 9:45 PM, AV. said:

All I'm saying is that the Canucks best stretch of hockey came when this professional bank robber found himself out of the lineup.

Makes everyone else but me wonder.

He's alright as a depth defenseman/#7.

Just nobody you want to pay over the league minimum much less with term.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

53 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He's alright as a depth defenseman/#7.

Just nobody you want to pay over the league minimum much less with term.

Yep.  Life under Benning was a lot of these stupid moves.

At 2.5, all he needs to be is a decent #5 and eat 17-18 mins a night; if he can chip in a little more offense I think that isn't out of the question. He doesn't take penalties, he blocks shots, he doesn't give the puck away too much; he doesn't really hurt you in other ways. Everything is dependent on health at this point.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2