The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 24, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, MNaslund?? said:

Damn, whatever happened to Valk I forgot about him

Oddly enough, Garry Valk & Travis Green were once teammates in Toronto. The funny thing is that Travis Green was a very hardworking player, far from the most talented guy on the ice. But as a coach, his teams seem to have a huge problem playing with any kind of intensity or effort 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

You probably remember what I’ve talked about regarding Peteys buddy. 
When you have a boss that treat a friend of yours like garbage you might give it a rest til you see for yourself how bad the boss is. 

Why do you talk about Canucks? 
Benning and Green are not the Canucks. 

I still don't believe it should make you change your attitude towards any organisation ( and don't want another discussion about it) :rolleyes:

Benning and Green are the Canucks until they are sacked. They make all the decisions regarding this team, unfortunately....

• Vintage 2

I'm just hoping Green lasts until the Ottawa game so i can walk down to the bench and thank him for his service first hand.    Going to yell out things only he'd know about Castlegar to get his attention during the game - look for a good old fashion Travis Green "f!ck off" or something like that maybe i can even get a smile and a conversation from him, that's if the security lets me get that far.  

I saw what Valk said .... and agree with the other comments about how Green was definitely a hard working player - and coach (one of the reasons he got the big job in the first place).    Change is needed something is wrong.   And it for sure needs to start with a solid hockey mind at the top - President Aqua isn't what the team needs.  A real president to play interference with a new GM would be a great start.    And unfortunately the bubble magic dust has run out on Green too.   

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Anyone else find it very depressing that we have an almost identical record to a team that was built with other teams castoffs?

And not even teams good castoffs, ones that had everyone scratching their heads.

Meanwhile Benning has been building this for 8 years…

If they had even just an average goalie, Seattle would have many more wins.  Yes, Gillis left Benning with an empty cupboard but that was more than 7 years ago.  We should be at a stage better than an expansion club who obviously had essentially a zero farm system like six months ago.  

Most glaring is that we effectively still have no President.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, TheCammer said:

To be fair he doesn't deserve more. His effort is horrendous. He's like a whiny child who has lost his ball. I remember the drive he had if someone took the puck from him. He would fight to get it back. There is literally none of that drive left. That's on him, but at this point given the investment at minimum all the coaches need to go. And I mean ALL

Don’t you dare take away our Clark.

• Cheers 3

56 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

If they had even just an average goalie, Seattle would have many more wins.  Yes, Gillis left Benning with an empty cupboard but that was more than 7 years ago.  We should be at a stage better than an expansion club who obviously had essentially a zero farm system like six months ago.  

Most glaring is that we effectively still have no President.

I would like to see Igor Larionov come in as our President of hockey.  He’s total class, experienced, and his reputation could attract top Russian players.  

7 hours ago, shiznak said:

Is he actually better than last year?

Despite his +/- rating and being deployed in the offensive zone 70% of his shifts. He leads the team in high danger scoring chances agiainst (10 more than Myers) and scoring chances against (9 more than Myers).

Eye test, Hughes looks better defensively. To be honest though, it's such a mess it's tough to really evaluate any one player. It just an ffnn mess. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Way off topic, but I had no idea NYI have fallen off a cliff. What the hell happened to the Islanders?

13 game road trip or something like that to start the year is a REAL tough start...I know some here complain about our road schedule, but what the NYI started the year with plus injuries/Covid I think? 

They do have an experienced NHL coach, who should be able to get them out of it and turn things around

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Way off topic, but I had no idea NYI have fallen off a cliff. What the hell happened to the Islanders?

Yeah I was surprised to see that to. 

they  also have 4 games  in  Hand on us so when it’s all evened up I’d say we’ll be below them to.