The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 24, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

52 minutes ago, mll said:

5 seconds to answer.  

This is pretty indicative

Either trade those that arent buying in or get a coach that has the ears and respect of his players.

I vote for latter because it's much easier to replace the coach then multiple players where we potentially lose the trade due to no leverage and they may actually play much better (or at their historical numbers) with a new coach

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

I know we're trailing and looking for goals at that point but look at what Horvat's doing...

He sees his D-man is trapped and there's a puck battle at the blueline but he's floating down backdoor and when the Pens come up with the puck he's all the way down in the corner.

Completely unacceptable.

Boeser as well needs to realize he needs to be on top of the puck instead of standing there between the puck and the opposing goalie as if he was defending lol.

I know the coach isn't teaching them these things but he's clearly not holding them accountable for lazy, selfish decisions.

It's more difficult to hold players accountable when there's not much capable depth available.  Horvat is pretty much the only one that can win a face-off consistently other than Miller.  If he benches Horvat who does he replace him with.  

Edited by mll

1 minute ago, Dirtman said:

Mentioned earlier in the season a buddy said a Canuck player told him the guys just don't get along.

Sounds like a divide and unfortunately I doubt it's just one player. Room is probably split.

Sucks.

I totally believe this. It's not a team playing for each other at all. So fragmented.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, mll said:

It's more difficult to hold players accountable when there's not much capable depth available.  Horvat is pretty much the only one that can win a face-off consistently other than Miller.  If he benches Horvat who does he replace him with.  

The point in benching a player is to send a message, who really cares at this point if we lose some more faceoffs?

Faceoffs? I just hope we can win a game!

• Haha 1

Laat night was the first canucks game in 10 years that I could have watched and chose not.to.

I don't watch to cheer on the coach and GM ..... I watch to cheer the players.

With everything being about the gm and coach no matter what happens to the team ..... its difficult to watch.  

Love the canucks but absolutely hate the direction the owners have taken this team

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Yell that he was only good enough for the Rebels and not Spokane Chiefs. Not sure but I think he had a year with the Junior SmokeEaters too. If the play continues like last night I doubt he makes it thru the road trip. One of the worst efforts of the season. I believe in process and don’t have a problem with a team struggling but there is a point when the downside risks become to high. 

I'm being to hard on Travis. Batch do you remember a Chernoff who played for the Rebels (1970-71). I always wondered if he ever played past the Rebels? He 

was a very smooth skater and had lots of talent. 

23 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

All i want for Christmas  is

1) a new coach

2) a new GM

3) a new powerplay

4) a new penalty kill

5) a new system that actually works

6) a new version of the old Petey

7) a new ferrari 488

Where do you want me to send the Ferrari? 

Signed.  Santa

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1